Books and weed

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by aec, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Just wondering what everyones favorite books about weed or to do with weed are? I moved to Japan and weed is just way to expensive for me to rationalize buying here, like 30-50$ a gram. But still into weed, I'm reading the Beach by Alex Garland right now which has quite a bit of weed smoking in it. So just want some other book ideas to read. Oh yeah have any of you read Tommy Chong's book like Reflections Beyond the Joint or something like that?

2. Theres a a good book called "A Book Of Dope Stories" written by Howard Marks AKA Mr Nice his auto biography is also an excellent read, but if you like weed stories yourll love the first one.

3. the big book of buds
    the benefits of marijuana: physical, phsychological and spiritual
    reefer warrior

and another not really about marijuana but a good book with tons of drugs in it is fear and loathing in las vegas. or u can watch the movie if u aint seen it but the books has more shit in it

4. there needs to be a chicken soup for the stoners soul :D

5. $30 a gram in Japan?... Dude... You're getting ripped off. Where in Japan are you? Kyoto area or Tokyo area? (I'm guessing you're in a major city area...) I've found weed in South Korea and Japan (Tokyo mostly) for prices closer to North Texas schwag ($60 oz./mid grade). Also how friendly are you with the locals? I've found that that is the biggest help in finding decent prices in foreign areas.

-Antwan L.

6. If you want to read about different strains check out "The Cannabible." The third book is coming out next month. The author has high quality pics and great descriptions of each strain. Mos deff something you should check out if you're interested.