Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bongs are bad

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Barcelona420, May 25, 2009.

1. My bongs get me higher than joints, but whatever, I believe you? lol.

2. Bongs all the way dude.

3. + rep thats some funny shit

4. A proper bong hit can have your knees buckle and have you flat on your arse, this thread should be closed and the user suspended.

5. dude... a university is not going to tell you all about weed... and anyway people AT universitys dont smoke weed so im wondering if you really smoke it anyway what is some fat old professor gonna know about marijuana smokin?

6. Oh? Why not? I smoke weed at my university... :confused:

7. ditto. only past tense.

8. whoops im sorry i didnt know people at universitys smoked though... im like not at a university and no one i know that smokes went to a university so i am narrow minded i apologize

9. It's cool bro, that's an amazing generalization though. Out of all the millions of people going to Universities you have to imagine at least SOME smoke. ;)

At least you admitted your fault. :)

10. I learned that the hard way this weekend. =[

11. I didnt find anything special about a gravity bong, I got just as big of a hit each time as my bong would have given..It was just cool to watch the smoke rise and then shoot into my lungs..I just got a nice hit that was it...Nuffin special

The best way to smoke is by yourself and with a bong

12. actually joints are the lowest amount of thc its on manswers

13. Did someone seriously say that they don't like bongs because the smoke is too smooth?

..........Seriously dude?

"Hey man do you want a cheeseburger?" "No dude, they taste too good"

Oh edit: Clean your fucking bong then. I keep my shit pristine.

14. Bongs are not any healthier than a spoon or joint. They just let you take in more smoke at once because they cool it and filter a little (not much) of the tar out of it.

Very little THC is lost, but yes some does stay in the water because it adheres to the tar that gets filtered out, and because despite common belief cannabinoids are not hydrophobic; water just isn't a very good solvent for extracting them.

15. interesting facts it good to get a couple peoples opinions and the ones that actually are having intelectual conversation. props. i say though that bongs are GOD!:p:smoking:

16. I would have to argue that because of the fact that they cool the smoke that they are healthier just because the smoke is much less harsh on your throat.

Cannabis isn't toxic anyway so bongs don't actually make your weed healthier to smoke, but I do prefer a bong because of it's cooling and filtering properties.

17. true.

18. You're forcing a far larger volume of smoke into your lungs, and it's also filled with more water vapor than is good for you. Both of those offset the minor benefit of cooler smoke. I didn't say they were bad, I just said they were no healthier. NORML says the same as has other research.

Cannabis isn't toxic but there are many toxins in cannabis smoke. Benzyne, carbon monoxide, the tars, etc.

I just had this debate in another thread within the last week. I'm not going to rehash it.

19. You're right, I stated my point wrong.

I didn't mean to say that just because the smoke is cooler that it is healthier, I was trying to get at the fact that it is much less harsh.

Personally I believe the only bad way to smoke weed is from a blunt.

20. We agree on that. I hate blunts and they really are bad for your lungs. The tobacco used in those cheap cigars people use to roll them is really nasty stuff.

Like I said in that other thread, I'm not saying don't do bong hits :) I just think people should be armed with facts about what they are doing :)