Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.
  1. Okay, so I want to make a homemade water bong right about now...

But I don't have anything I can use for the stem. Also, if someone could tell me what the "carb" is for, please tell me.

Now, on the stem. I was thinking of using a plastic straw, but decided that might be a bad idea, but I'm not sure. First, is this okay? Will any problems come from using the straw?

If the answer is yes, then please tell me a way to make a stem and bowl from household objects. I cannot buy anything from a head shop... because they're are none around here.

Help please. :D

2. The carb is used to clear the bong, when you start to take a hit you put your finger over it and once the bong is full of smoke you take your finger off the hole and inhale the sweet smoke inside.

3. Ahhh. I see, now. I was never quite sure why the hole had to be in there... :p Thanks.

Thank you, Iquf. The pen casing is a good idea.

4. I just made one yesterday and I found out a clickable sharpie casing (taken all apart, just the casing) works well with the socket head I have for a bowl when I make my ghetto bongs. :p

5. #5 crackrat, Apr 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2009
    Never ever make a stem or bowl out of plastic, when you torch the bowl shit gets hot and melts and that leaves you inhaling toxins and with a melted bowl/stem(I tried a metal bowl and a plastic stem when I was feinding for a G-bubbler, didn't work)

Because there are no headshops you will probably need a carb, the carb is the hole on the opposite side of the bowl, you hold it down when you take a toke and when you're done you move your thumb which creates an airflow that allows you to inhale all the smoke that's gathered in the bong. Regular bongs just have a stem you pull out when you want to clear the bong, but for that you need a proper seal around where you put the stem.

If I were you I'd get a rachet end(pic) and stick it over or inside a metal pen tubing, or if you don't have that you can scavenge around your shop, if you have one, for some sort of metal piping tube. A word of warning though copper pipe gets really hot really fast so if you have to use copper make a carb so you don't have to touch the stem to clear it.

Good luck with your bong! Just remember to avoid plastic, and alluminum foil.

Wow I really need to type faster I think everything was covered in the time i took to write that, awesome

6. I'm pretty sure this is sticked somewhere.

Ther ya go