Bong water alternative: a case study

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by BigBunko, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Hey all, recently i came across a product called Piecewater. The concept seemed cool, but paying $25 for 3 bottles of the stuff really turned me off. Although i was still interested in finding an alternative liquid that can hit all the spots Piecewater does. The site claims their product does the following: Keeps your piece cleaner for longer, is less viscous and in turn gives you a stronger pull, and smooths out smoke better than water to keep the hit smoother than water. After an hour or two of reading articles i found many had very similar points to achieve a good substitute; something acidic to prevent your piece from getting dirty as quickly, a lack of sugar to stop the liquid from absorbing your precious THC and keep your lungs healthy, and a lack of any fats or alcohol as these will dissolve THC like no other. Piecewater claims to use a 100% natural blend of mineral, fruit, and other extracts, so with some guessing and experimenting I’ve came up with a loose recipe made from pretty basic things. I’d love for you guys to try this and improve upon it. This recipe can also vary greatly from piece to piece so actual measurements would be a godsend, thanks guys.

———————————————————

The recipe is as follows:
    1/3 of your bong’s usual fill of water (about as hot as bath or dishwater)

Fine grain salt (table salt)

Lemon juice (fresh squeeze works better but the premade stuff in your fridge door works just fine)

Food coloring (makes cleaning easier when the time comes and makes your bong look sweet)

Vegetable oil

—————————————

On the stovetop or electric kettle get the water to the desired temperature to dissolve the salt better, add salt a little bit at the time until the water just barely starts to get cloudy, remove it from heat and add to a mixing bowl with like 3-4 caps of lemon juice, or juice from half a large lemon, add food coloring until it’s darker than you’d like, then add the vegetable oil until the mixture is a little thinner than milk, stir it around and force your group tweaker to taste test the mixture, then fill up your bong and go wild. Start with a clean bong to keep it clean, running hot water through it once the mixture clouds up from the particulate from your smoke and it will clean your bong in an instant. The heavier draw required makes your hit much more satisfying, and much smoother. It’s my own recipe so it gets a higher (haha) rating
    But overall i give it an 8/10, pretty easy, works damn near perfect, i like to make a big batch and keep it in an empty gallon jug for ease of access, please let me know what you all think.

2. Seems pointless.
    Just use regular water.

• Agree Agree x 3

3. Seems like alot of effort I'll just stick to water & cleaning my glass 2+ times a month lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. And yet you put vegetable oil in it...

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. A few drops of cranberry extract is all you need. Same effect. In fact a lot of products that make that claim have that extract in it or similar. Just use cranberry extract and crushed ice. Crushed ice to the point of snow will give you the best hit youll ever get. Scientifically that is... the vapor has more surface to bounce off on its way to your mouth which mean its super cooled.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hadn’t thought about that, good catch, maybe mineral oil would be a good substitute

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Not too smart, this one

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Just so you know. ANYTHING with any fats in it is going to be taking actual THC out of your smoke or vape. Water alone already traps a little with its filtering effect. What you want is a solid that is cold and has many, many surfaces to make your smoke or vape collide with. Ice works for this. Since its solide, it blocks less THC and waste (good reason to use a vape through it) while still providing a super cooled environment.

Does Bong Water Filter Out THC? - Zamnesia Blog

Edit: Ok, I'm pretty high right now. I completely forgot I had already posted shit here.

9. I just use cold filtered water.

10. Yeah, so water. Everything else is snake oil.

11. I thought oil was a bad idea?