Bong vs Vape

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by ganja999, Jan 8, 2013.

1. I would tend to argue that. No matter how much I smoke and how fast I smoke it, be it joints, blunts, pipe, whatever, nothing gives me ANYTHING close to the high I get off a bong, sometimes completely different characteristics on the same strain.

Bongs tend to give me a much heavier, stonier high whereas I'm much more functional off joints (again no matter how much I smoke).

2. I'm not sure what in this post is at odds with mine? We seem to be in agreement, maybe you misunderstood.

Bongs change a high for sure. No other piece can give you that volume of actives in such a short duration. They effect the high drastically. Regardless of total amount consumed, the rate your brain is absorbing them makes a huge difference. No matter how quickly you smoke a joint, you can still get more in a single hit of a bong per duration.

My point was this: there's no such thing as bong vs vaporizer. That comparison doesn't exist. They are completely separate things. You can't compare vapor to a specific piece. Just like I couldn't compare "smoking device" versus bong. A bong IS a smoking device. Its also a vaporizing device.

So, while a bong changes a high, it does not change it "away" from a vaporizer. A bong can change a vaporizer high too, so how in the world can they be compared?

I use a bong every single day, but I'm always using a vaporizer with it. I'm happy to compare smoking to vaporizing, and compare one piece to another. We'd all have our own opinions then. I think the more accurate comparison would be comparing a vapor through a bong, and smoke through a bong.

But comparing bongs to vapor and concluding vapor is inferior or superior is silly. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

3. So like comparing a football (for u americans a soccer) striker to a defender....... On a very small level lol

4. Hmm maybe. I'm no good at soccer so maybe the analogy is lost on me.

The best analogy I could come up with is this:

Xbox vs Soul Caliber V

You can't compare the two, because they're so interrelated. You can compare Soul Caliber V on Ps3 and Soul Caliber V on Xbox, or you could compare Ps3 to Xbox. But comparing a game (that can be played on many consoles) to a console that plays that game (but also plays other games) is just utter nonsense.

So is Bong vs Vape. We aren't comparing two pieces here. "Vape" is not a type of piece, just like "Smoking Device" isnt. There's vapor, there's smoke. Then there's a whole plethora of things to run them through. Whips, glass, small pieces, big pieces, pieces with water, pieces with diffusion, glycerin coils, etc, etc, etc.

5. I wasn't meaning an actual bong high.

Huge bong rips hit me harder than huge doobie or blunt hits.

That's just my preference so i used the word bong.

I've watched a 43 year old man enhance the smoke through a 211 beer can before.

I was mainly wanting to know because i've never vaped, the difference between

the smoke high compared to the vape high.

6. I prefer bongs to vapes, I'm not all that experienced in vapes but the ones I have used have been phenomenal don't get me wrong. Contest wise if you put a vape or a GB, B, GM, in front of me, I'd pick the bongs.

7. Look into Life Saber Vapes right now. It's like $185 off the companies site. Just as much as the base price of any nice scientific glass. And that vape will hit you like a Mac truck

8. Yup. By far, the most effective vape I have every used, especially when used through a bong.

9. But that isn't what you asked -confused-. Asking why vapor is different than smoke is understandable, but comparing a hard hitting bong (you admit that smoke through a bong hits harder than other smoke types) to a vaporizer that's distinctly seperate from a bong seems nonsensical.

Bongs have advantages, but they're the exact same advantages for vapor. Bong vs vaporizer leaves out the bong advantages for vaping. Its an odd comparison - just like my analogy - you're ignoring an entire part of it.

10. I wouldn't go that far, Nate. It might not be true for you, but it rang 100% pure with me. Only time I've ever had couchlock was with edibles, probably because I have no control over how much active ingredient I get when I ingest, and it all hits at the same time. Smoking or vaping gets me a steady increase until I'm baked to my satisfaction. That usually leaves me with 15 more minutes of increasing stoniness and then a pleasant slide back over the next few hours.

Smoking screwed up my music, and vaping doesn't affect my lungs and throat at all. No question for me that vaping is more head high and edibles can be an unpredictable ticket to the nearest couch and Hypno Cube.

Respectfully Submitted,
    Tyg

11. Eh he's correct though.

What he was responding to was not a subjective statement. This is very much objective.

The post he was replying to said vaporizers got THC but left the other "body" cannabinoids. That is not true. A vaporizer can get the entire spectrum. An edible high feels different for a variety of reasons - but that isn't what he was arguing against. The statement that vaporizers only get THC is completely false.

So, it is not 100% true with you or anyone else.

12. i smoke both daily...i like to start off with a few bingers and then end with a bowl in my Vapor Bros. Hands Free

1. combustion after vaping tastes like burnt trash
    2. the effects are different, so smoke for one feeling and add vape for long lasting duration

13. If you vape at normal recommended temps (360-385 range) there is almost no body high effect at all in my experience.

As far as edibles go, I've never NOT gotten couch lock from an edible, but that being said my experience with them is limited so take that with a grain of salt.

14. I remember no official recommended range. Few experienced vaporists would give that as an absolute range. CBD and CBN is what you need, and their flashpoints are well below combustion.

15. I like to switch it up but this is always fun too :bongin:

Attached Files:

16. In my experience, if I vape a good Indica, there very much is a body high effect.

Again, just like smoking, or like vaping, it really is strain dependent.

17. In my opinion, a bong high will hit you like a ton of bricks and you'll be thinking "damn, I'm high". You'll feel more of a heavy high, the 'stoned' high. A vape, on the other hand gives you more of a pure/euphoric high. You can definitely be just as high, if not higher but you won't feel that heavy fade that comes from carbon monoxide and other carcinogens. I usually prefer the Vaping high but it really just depends on what mood I'm in.

18. I took a normal bong hit last night for the first time in 2 months. Put about .3 in my slide and topped with iso. I was no where near as high as i would be had i vaporbonged it. I also almost puked from coughing and it left my throat burning for about an hour afterwards.

Needless to say, that was the last time ill combust out of my bong. Ever.

19. Id say the main difference is the intensity. With a bong you can take one or two milky rips and be stoned, but with a vape, it takes about 10 -20 draws or so to get the same high. I would say it's similar to a joint high vs anything.

20. That's why i vaporbong. Super intense and fast