Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

bong smell?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Aud, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Im thinking about getting a roor, and I have a good hiding spot, but do bongs smell HORRIBLE? Im worried about the scent giving its location away. anything i can do to stop the smell?

I have to hide it because my parents dont like me smoking.

2. Well, I can only smell my bong when i go to clean it or if i haven't cleaned it for weeks...

RooRs are awesome, id def get one if you can afford it

3. The best bong I ever hit was a ROOR that my friend has :p He still lives with his parents and he swears by rubbing alcohol mixed with salt to clean it. I have no idea what the salt does, but it works and smells clean when hes done with it.

4. If you clean it often, and keep some air freshiner you wont have a problem. Most pipe shops have great glass cleaner, i found this one dont remember the name, but as soon as it touches the resin it all just comes off. It works amazing and takes the smell right out, leaves a nice clean smell to it. This is my bubbler of course not as big as a bong. Ill never risk hiding a bong in my house, but if you have a good hiding spot, the smell will be alright. Once you put it away, just spray some air freshner in that area, just get the odor killer not scented crap.

5. Bongs are not suppose to be hidden away. Thats why they are so big. If your going to get a roor think about. What if your parents were to find the bong. Would they throw it away or would they smoke out of it with. My guess is since they don't like you smoking that they will prob. throw it out. So my suggestion is just get a pipe or something small that is a glass piece so thta you can hide it better and it won't smell.

6. my parents wouldnt throw it away. thats for sure, they would probably make me sell it or they would take it.

I already have a glass spoon though, i just want to take thoes godly milk shots..

Also, anyone have any ideas about me multi-garbage bagging it and hiding it outside somewhere?

7. i wouldnt

8. Yeah, if you have to be THAT sneaky with it, id just wait till your out of their house. Or if you have a really close friend that has their own house have them hold onto it. A bong should be out for everyone to see, not hidden in a garbage bag outside.

9. if you just wash out your bong after each sesh it won't smell at all.

not like clean it and stuff, just run warm water through it.

10. dude i still live with the rents and before my bong broke all i did was buy a "just bag" bag for it and emtpy the water, shit never noticeably smelled. but then again i did keep it in my car which always smells like bud so idk :smoking:

11. Nah, just put it inside a pillowcase or something and spray the pillowcase down w/ lysol...

12. dont buy a Roor. Id get a cheaper bong first, because if you do end up getting it thrown out/taken away, thats a lot of cheddar to lose. Get a decent bong for like 150-200, get the Roor as a housewarming gift for your first apartment :)

13. There are RooR's in the $150-$200 price range. :rolleyes:

14. Really? I was always under the impression that all of them were quite expensive(the ones i have seen on here are anyway). That being said, disregard my last post:D. In terms of smell, when i lived at home i always just wrapped my bongs in an old towel and put them in my clothes drawers, I never had a problem with smell.

15. I'd think so, but honestly, I don't know.

I'm so used to the smell of pot, I probably reak of it all the time. When I get a bag, I can hardly smell the weed anymore.

Well that's when I'm at my house anyways, when I've been out all day I can smell weed really good. It's so funny in headshops, when certain people pass, it's like "yea, that guy has some dank".

And passing skunks on the road, I always hope I'm smelling a lost nug somewhere in my car...

16. Wash it after every use and keep it in the box it came in with a bounce sheet. You'll want to replace the boucne sheet weekly. BUT I read your reply about what your parents would do with it. Why put down 2-300 bucks to risk having it taken away. That defeats the point of the purchase. Just buy one when you move out. For now why not buy a run of the mill bong with a diffuser downstem?...