bong repair

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Mredeustis, Jan 9, 2013.

1. #1 Mredeustis, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2013
    My boyfriend and I invested in a new bong. We had just bought new attachments for it too. Wellll not even a week later he breaks it. Its not bad its just where the down stem goes. I'll try and post pictures but my question is, is there a reasonably priced way to repair the break with out using chemicals that will harm us down the road. I read another thread about using epoxy and some metal reinforced epoxy type thing but it sounded dangerous for smoking. Please help its our new favorite bong since its our first with multiple percolaters and diffusers.

Attached Files:

2. Like the joint that you insert your downstem into is broken? Second, how broken? If you didn't invest an arm and a leg on it, you may just want to get a new piece, cleaning pieces with breaks will only stress the glass out more, what with hot water rinses and abrasion from the acentone/salt mix you probably use. You don't want your sink to all of a sudden be filled with glass one cleaning. If it's not major, you can use like food grade epoxy adhesive or something like it.

3. i suppose its the joint. ive also seen it referred to as the "female part." We hadn't used it much before it was broken, so we never had a chance to even clean it. I finally got pictures of it up so its easy to see. and thank you for helping :)

4. Oof, that's rough. You may want to think about re-investing. Or, if you really wanted to, a decent enough blower could probably fix that no problem.

5. /\ he said it, a blower can fix that no prob

6. glassrepair805.com

7. Your best bet is epoxy. Since the break is at the joint smoke shouldnt really make contact with it. Considering that area of the bong is gonna have a lot of traffic, so the epoxy probably isnt a permanent solution.

When I epoxyed mine it lasted about 2 days before breaking off again but the break was worse.

8. #8 GrimChimney, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2013
    "HIS BEST BET????????" are u an idiot? epoxy on a smoking device that gets flame put to it. u trying to give the guy cancer. use the link i gave u. 50 dollar-75 dollar fix, like new.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

goodluck. if u dont wanna go to these guys contact fishbone. those are ur two best options in the glass game. period!

Bless

-G

There is no need for the disrespect. Mat369

9. Yea cause you totally light the joint while smoking a bong.

10. ur really dense arent you. look at how low of a temp u need to vaporize herb.how do u know what heat epoxy starts to give off carcinogenic fumes? the answer is u dont! so why give such moronic advice? and if u say heat doesnt transfer down the joint during a good sesh than ur dumber than u sound already. dont defend a point u know is ridiculous. a real man can say u know what, that was a bad idea, my apologies. man up, and realize ur advise is pointless. especially when u urself admit urs broke back off in 2 days. so how is that his "best bet" u really trying to argue ur idea is better than a proper fix for any piece with this problem for less than a hundred bucks. lmao. the broken neck on my one of a kind dirty wouldnt even see epoxt for the same worry i mentioned as even smoke is hot smart guy. do u KNOW that its not hot enough to vaporize anything off of epoxy? again, no u dont. and if u say u do ur guessing! so just be a man, and stop it!

11. Sigh...

Firstly I never mentioned a specific epoxy for this person to use nor did I specify the type I used. Secondly there is heat resistant epoxy that protects against much higher temps than smoke is plus the smoke doesn't even make contact with the epoxy when the downstem would be in. You're so quick to tell me what I don't know but it doesn't seem you do either.

12. buddy im done with u. ive given the advice i came to give. ur idea is amazing ur a genius. is that what u wanted to hear? fuck outta here with that shit. guys like u are the reason why so many good posters have left! enjoy urself smart guy

13. Hahaha alright man, you're the one that was so quick to reply about how Im an Idiot and my idea is moronic. Sounds like you're the one so desperate to be praised.

14. Grim- i love ya man and the options you gave OP were the best on this thread but it does seem like you firing bullets everywhere and hoping one'll hit, he just gave what he thought atm was a good way to fix it, it isnt but still theres no need to attack the man

15. thanks guys! every bit helped i appreciate yall replying! once i finally get it fixed i might post photos to share!

16. Hey guys! This exact thing happened to my bong, except the break was a little worse then yours, i was able to repair it to working order, but note this method is more temporary, but you can fix it multiple times. I got some clear silicone from the hardware store, 5bucks for a tube, and some electrical tape. Just basically put a good bead of silicone right on the break, make sure its clean and dry. Then just place your broke off piece right on there, once its on dont play with it, let it sit and dry. After waiting a day, take your electrical tape and wrap it around the break, make sure you wrap the tape nice and tight. And it should be done, if you dont abuse it or be too rough it will stay together for a good little while. Hope this helps