bong part compatibility? can i mix a roor part with ehle, illadelph etc?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by edd.excessive, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Hi guys i just annoyingly managed to break my roor bowl from a 4 inch drop into the sink whilst cleaning :( kind of lame but atleast its a good oppurtunity to order a new bowl and and perhaps a diffusor. now roor bowls are kinda expensive and their diffusors seem to be abit of a rip off so i was basically wondering if a 18.8 ehle diffusor and bowl are compatible and what length of diffussor i should buy to fit my custom 18inch 18.8 beaker bottom roor little sister.

On a more general note are all main brands of bong down stem and bowls compatible with eachother as long as the bistaple thingys are marked the same size? so can i have illadelph with a pure stem and and a roor bowl as long as their all 14.4 or whatever? anyway thanks for any advice you can give!

2. im pretty sure that they all work as long as the joint size is the same. my gear ashcatcher broke so i took an old funnel bowl and it works great

3. Yes a downstem will fit as long as it is 18.8, and the bowl will probably be a 14. As for length It depends on the size of your beaker, downstems are (usually) 4-5 inches. In my illadelph my downstem is a little short, but that just means more water in the beaker. Also I don't know what kind of money you're looking to spend, but a $60 Luke Wilson 6 arm downstem will greatly improve the quality of your rips.

4. ^thanks for the respones, can more people confirm compatiblity (particualrly with these brands) so i can get on with ordering by bowl and toking these buds :D

5. im in the uk which meens im pretty limited in what i can order as glass isnt really used much round these parts, but cheers ill take this into account!

6. Also, it has nothing to do with brand :) any 18.8 downstem will work as long as it is not physically too long, and usually that downstem will have a 14. Joint at the top, so any bowl with a size 14 joint will work :) it's all a matter of how much you want to spend. Ehle,illadelph, roor,etc; as long as the joint is 18 on the tube and the downstem. Online will be your best bet for this kind of thing, If it's a possibility in your area, I'm pretty sure GC and possibly akwalab ship to the UK

7. thanks i havnt heard of akwalab i will google them now. YEah i got my roor from edit so i was mostly looking at their stock altho there customer service was crap last time when my shipment was late. Anwya thanks alot kiefsensi, youve been really helpful. one more thing though roor always hark on abou their bistaple joint and how it is 60% longer or something. this implies to me other brands have smaller bistaples. again thanks for the help id just hate to order uncompatible things!

8. [quote name='"edd.excessive"']thanks i havnt heard of akwalab i will google them now. YEah i got my roor from edit so i was mostly looking at their stock altho there customer service was crap last time when my shipment was late. Anwya thanks alot kiefsensi, youve been really helpful. one more thing though roor always hark on abou their bistaple joint and how it is 60% longer or something. this implies to me other brands have smaller bistaples. again thanks for the help id just hate to order uncompatible things![/quote]

I am pretty sure that they're just talking about a thicker, possibly bigger joint on the bong, not the joint itself where the downstem goes in, but the part of the bong.
    Yeah, I just checked and they're just talking about the thickness of the weld and joint, you are solid to go with any 18.8 downstem that is the right length!

9. ^thanks for clarifying that i always assumed it meant the joint was longer but thickness makes more sense, again thanks! +rep

10. Im kind of debating whether i need the diffussor, does it really make much difference to the smoke? or am i going to end up smoking even more vaster amounts of weed than usual because its so smooth and easy :)