Bong Joint Size

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Drummaboy2345, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Black Leaf - 4-arm Perc Ice Bong - Ashcatcher - Emerald Green - Bongs and Waterpipes - Smoking Pipes - Grasscity.com I bought this bong from here about two months ago and I want to buy an additional percolator attachment to it.

I know this is really 'newbie' of me but I don't know how to tell the joint size of my bong. YES on the information to my bong it says that it is 18.8mm/14.5mm but I don't know what that means...

Does it mean that the joint itself is 18.8mm, and the downstem is 14.5mm?

I just want to clear it up so I don't buy an attachment that is the wrong size, and I try it when it comes it and I'm sol ya know...

Thank you.

2. Yup, you got it.

The joint itself is 18.8, the downstem joint where the slide connects is 14.5.

To be extra sure, try taking out your downstem and just putting the slide in the bong joint. Is the joint too big? Then your slide is 14.5. :smoking:

3. So if I wanted to buy a so n so additional attachment that connected to the downstem, and say this so n so attachment was 14mm would it make a difference? Maybe air leakage but I can fix that.

4. There shouldn't be any 14mm. That's probably just someone rounding down. A lot of people refer to the sizes as just 18mm or 14mm, but the two standard sizes are 18.8 and 14.5 if ya wanna be specific about it. ;)

5. Ok thanks, you pretty much cleared everything up :p thanks