Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bong isn't getting me that high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mm10, Dec 2, 2012.

1. I bought a zong a while ago but the guy I bought it from lost the bowl to it. He told me it was a little wobbly anyways, so he gave me a brand new one for $5. I've been hitting the zong and it gets me high, but it's pretty subtle. I'm smoking pretty good stuff, so it's not the bud. I smoked two small bowls of the stuff from my pipe with my friend and we were both pretty fucked, but when I went home to smoke the same stuff from my zong, it didn't get me that high. I can literally go through grams with the zong and be half as high as I would have been if I smoked two smaller bowls from my pipe. Could it be the bowl? I was reading a thread and the guy was having the exact same problem. He later said it was his bowl and that when he replaced it, he got way higher, but my bowl seems to fit pretty well. Any suggestions??

2. All I would have to say is buy a new bowl I guess... Try different ones out. Or just use the pipe....

3. Rumor has it water "dissolves" thc...

Idk, but w/o water diff i seem to get higher...

Also i rotate my pipes( bong ond day, bubbler the next)

4. rumor has shit. THC is almost completely water insoluble. OP, try taking smaller/bigger hits? use hemp wick/soldering iron/sunlight + magnifying glass? do you grind your weed? cut it up at least. don't use your fingers.

5. Almost brooo

6. almost as in it's so negligible that it doesn't make a noticeable difference all else being equal

7. Yeah man, those new bowls sure do get you higher...

8. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. [quote name='"ddog7x"']

rumor has shit. THC is almost completely water insoluble. OP, try taking smaller/bigger hits? use hemp wick/soldering iron/sunlight + magnifying glass? do you grind your weed? cut it up at least. don't use your fingers.[/quote]

Its proven that smoke from a bong contains less thc than smoke from a pipe or joint, water DOES filter out some of the thc,
    OP can you post pics? Usually the only time ive had trouble with a bowl is when i pack it too tight or the hole is too small, i use glass on glass, im guessing your zong is a grommet? Check if the bowl fits airtight

10. Are you sliding the bowl out to hit the bong?

Lol

11. Cutting, Grinding, or using your fingers doesn't loose any THC. I'm tired of saying this... but you're loosing .0001 of THC, and that's not going to effect a persons high in any way :rolleyes:

12. Did you hit the pipe first or the bong? Tolerance could be the problem if you're smoking the pipe before the bong. But there's really no way that you wouldn't get as high from a bong as you would with a pipe. If anything the bong would get you higher seeing as you get more smoke in less time. I don't know man, that's the only logical answer.

13. cutting and grinding do lose THC but generally it goes back on to the weed in the case of a grinder (or goes down as keif). using your fingers absolutely does affect it, the oils on your hands in combination with the heat breaks down and scrapes off some THC, far more noticeable if you are handling fire. mids or schwag it barely matter at all, go for it, but if you handle glassy dank with your fingers you will lose a fair bit of THC. of course if you're just moving ground weed then it's barely any effect, but if you're actually breaking it apart with your fingers you lose enough THC to be worth rethinking it

14. Take a hit that will have you coughing your ass off. You will get high.

15. Meh, i'd rather take small hits and have an overall larger amount of thc in me than the 20 second head rush you get from choking.

Of course, without a ridiculous tolerance i guess it doesn't matter so much. Just smoke till you get high man, sometimes your body needs a bit more. Especially if you've been smoking alot lately.

16. Oh my godd. Shut up with the "water dissolves thc" you get higher from bongs. Simple as that

17. #17 BluntMasterBen, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2012
    So using your fingers doesn't lose any thc? Then why are they covered in sticky resin that was once on the bud afterwards?

Ever hear of hand rubbed hash? Nahh thc doesn't stick to hands at all...

:rolleyes:

Water doesn't dissolve THC, but THC is very slightly soluble in water and you do lose a small amount in it, that is a fact. Will you notice this loss, pry not. Are you wrong, definitely.

Why do you think you get higher from a bong? Because you can take bigger hits and end up smoking more?

18. It does loose THC, but loosing .0001 of something isn't going to effect your high in the least bit. Unless someone is handling a whole ounce of marijuana in one sitting, they won't gather that much keif on their hands to make a hash ball.

19. Notice I said you wouldn't notice a difference?

And obviously you won't have enough to make a hash ball from just touching the weed you are smoking, but that doesn't mean you aren't rubbing some of it off?

I can't tell if you are agreeing with me or trying to make a point..

20. It sounds not air tight and your losing smoke or some shit, that's weird though I smoke a joint and if I had smoked half the joint through my bong id be way more stoned