Bong Hype?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by L U A, Jan 31, 2012.

1. First of all, I've only smoked from one bong and that was a really long time ago. Is there REALLY a need for all these expensive bongs? I hear people get really high off their home made bongs. I told my friends that I'm buying a bong and they're all "You should save and get a *insert fancy bong name here*".

I just want a little bong or something. Nothing major. It won't even be my main smoking tool.

So basically, is there really a difference with all these expensive bongs and a $20 one from a headshop?

2. in smoothness/enjoyability yes in actual highness no not really aside from hitting more at once

3. Probably the smoothness, how it hits, weather the smoke is cold or not, and some other factors.

How high you get? Probably not. That depends on the bowl, how big of a hit, and kind of weed.

4. It really is more of an art/collectors thing than anything. I don't buy expensive bongs because it gets me "higher"; I collect glass of all sorts.

I mean, don't get me wrong. My *insert fancy bong name here* will rip harder/smoother than a 20 dollar tube from your LHS. But that isn't the only (hell, not even the main one) reason I buy nice glass.

5. Awesome, thanks a lot guys. I actually don't mind spending up to $40, so maybe I won't get anything too bad. I just want a simple bong. I don't care about the other stuff.

Btw, I have a gas mask (a real one), and I've seen bongs attached to the same model. Do you know where I can get the bong that attaches to these gas masks?

6. Anywhere really. I found 'em at my LHS and all over the webs.

7. I don't have alot of money for good glass, so I makes sense, at least to me, to go for the cheaper and more durable acrylic bong. Yes, it's my first non home made, but I still hits harder.

The biggest thing for me is that I always cough. When in stealth mode, this is dangerous. The cooling and filtering always fixes my problem.

So, my suggestion is to just get an acrylic, just make sure that it is wide enough to get some ice in.

8. My first bong was also acrylic. Just know that once you go glass, you never go back.

Or something like that...

9. #9 KeeponSmiling, Jan 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2012
    Or op you cans spend a extra 20 bucks and get a decent glass bong. IMO acrylic bongs taste awful after awhile. My lhs sells glass bongs starting at 45 bucks. You will taste the difference between glass and acrylic.

Now back to your main question OP. I buy nice glass because i like to collect nice works of arts. I have about 5 bongs in my collection. And with most good and credible bongs. There value will not lower after buying. So as long as you take care of your glass its a very good investment.

hope this helps

:)

10. Once your smoke is in glass, acrylic taste like ass. :smoke:

:)