Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bong help

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Barnkis, Aug 10, 2008.

1. #1 Barnkis, Aug 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2008
    Well, I've smoked from my pipe and homemade bongs for a few months now, and I'm ready to commit and buy a real piece. Not too expensive, i might add. :)

I was thinking of:

\t \t\t \t \tMolino Pyrex Bong (http://shop.grasscity.com/shop/grasscity/molpb007.html)

\t \t\t \t \tMolino Hurricane 1 (http://shop.grasscity.com/shop/grasscity/molprecohur2.html)

\t\t \t\t\t
    \t\t\t \t\t\t \t \t\t \t \tMolino Bowl Clear Cup (http://shop.grasscity.com/shop/grasscity/molbowlclearme.html)

This comes to roughly $70. The Pre cooler is $15 more then the regular Molino pre-cooler, but it is out of stock. Should i stick with this or choose a different bong, such as the mad scientist and just get a pre-cooler for it?

How hard is it to do a bank transfer? Because the only thing i know how to work is Paypal.

Thanks for the help!

2. Hey man,
    that bong is like 9.5 inches tall, its a smaller bong, but I bet it still does the job.
    If you're looking for a sick piece, I'd go with the mad scientist. It does the job, hits great and looks amazing doing it.
    I dont know if I could stand having a colored precooler on a clear bong... It would drive me insane, and kind of kills the coolness of a glass piece.

just opinions from me is all, Ive hit a lot of different bongs, and the mad scientist is great. If you think about the science (pun not intended, srsly.) behind bongs, you take the volume inside the bong, minus the water, the aperature for the bowl and mouthpiece, and figure out the average flow and resistance from percs and diffusers, and can gauge how well it hits. Granted, thats probably more braining than the average stoner wants to commit to, but its a good way to figure out which bongs to consider.

3. br0 is pretty right

4. mad scientist rapes that piece

5. I think what it comes down to is this: If you're gonna drop some cash on a bong, make sure its a good'n. The mad scientist is a champ, but its not the only great bong on the site. spider around and check some other bongs out, and post your finds here. I'm sure you'll get some decent opinions from me and other members.

6. Hey just thought I'd share some thoughts

Personally I wouldn't get the Pyrex bong, it is too small, and it doesn't look like it has either a diffused downstem or an ice catcher- both which add a lot to the experience.

Now the mad scientist is a hell of a pretty bong, and the hits are smooth BUT because of the size and percolator you cannot take massive rips (the chamber is very small so hitting it long kills your lungs). My friend had one (it was his first b as well) and he ended up getting a huge ADS bong cause he wanted those face clinchers. Also its annoying with all the parts...

Your choice but I think a large bong with a diffused downstem and ice catcher would be a lot better

pre-cooler's are always a great choice- they keep the tube clean and make the hits very smooth

Bongs are expensive and people usually want bigger bongs after owning their first real piece (acrylic, spoon, whatever), it may be cheaper in the long run to get a bigger one now

Oh and whatever yo do get a bag- best choice I ever made- keeps it protected and nonchalant

7. Diffused downstem is a big plus, imho. Percolator can sometimes be more trouble than its worth (percs with tiny holes can get clogged by resin rather quickly), but if you get the right kind, they're great.

And I think Herburban is right, the first piece you were looking at is a smidge small. I'd feel it was too small, and it doesnt look to have a high volume either...

again, start spidering around the site and come up with some potential candidates, and we'll give you some advice.

8. Thanks for the tips guys. What parts do you think are essential for me to buy? Im new to the whole bong experience.

9. dude fuck that dont order from this website. here's the mad scientist. oh wow.

[​IMG]

10. #10 Barnkis, Aug 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2008
    How about this combo piece? I kinda dont like the colored precooler and clear glass combo tho.
    Molino Glass Bong Medium- with Glass Precooler "Hurricane"
    http://shop.grasscity.com/shop/grasscity/molbomed2.html?id=cKiuhVjx

Edit: Guys help me make a list of parts to use in a bong and i will find different ones and run em by you guys.

11. If you've got a better source, hook a br0ther up ;]

Thats a slick piece, man. But I dont know if its worth the cash.

For your first bong, at the very least grab a glass on glass bowl. a diffused stem would be a nice plus, and a percolator would be icing on the cake, but will increase pull resistance, and make finishing that rip a little harder. a precooler is nice, but not a necessity, and the same goes for an ash catcher. look for something that'll deliver quality rips again and again.

Often times, in my experience anyway, no-name colored glass bongs deliver really sick rips. My friend has a B that sounds like a goddamn engine when you pull from it, its awesome, and it clears so well.

scope the scene man. keep me updated, Im sure I forgot to say something.

12. I like that b but I'd agree with bro here, getting a non brand name big ass bong is pretty good for a first b.

As far as precooler's- yes it makes rips harder to pull but so much smoother it's worth it imo. Just make sure the downstem is 18- that means the diameter of the top of the downstem- this will make your pull much bigger and powerful. this would be my pick for most 'essential' part

most downstems are either 14 or 18 for glass on glass bongs, i dont think they have a bigger choice but if they did it would be worth it. and a diffused one is always better

13. yeah, Without a doubt get an 18.8 downstem. You'll appreciate that larger aperature for airflow with perc's and diffusers, or any other extra add-ons you throw in.

And Yeah, they do make larger downstems, but I think RooR is one of the only ones that makes them for specialty bongs. you could always hit up a lab glass supply shop and see if you could rig together similar using adapters, but It would look clumsy and overly complicated. (not always bad if thats what you're going for...)

14. go to a real headshop

15. Good advice!! You need to check out the glass in person. Hold it in your hands and see how it feels. Go for something heavy and buy it once. If you need to wait and save more cash...do it. In the long run, you will save money, because you won't have to upgrade, or replace something cheap that breaks. Go with a brand that glass collectors choose. Toro, Roor, SG Soverignty. Don't count out a well made bubbler, in place of a tube. Some bigger bubblers, blown by the right artist, are as good.

16. We're not talking about collectors pieces here. We're simply talking about a good, effective, first bong. I dont think he needs a roor or any other collector piece for his first bong. Thats just silly.

17. Im not looking for top quality, just an effective, good bong to use as my first one.

18. personally i'd jus buy the mad scientist

its a good size not too big plus its got a few bells ans whistles to keep you happy

excellent choice for a first bong imo
    this is actually going to be my next purchase in the near future :D

19. Sounds good. Thanks for the help hun.
    Think i should get a pre-cooler?

20. look at the cross-section. you must be out of your mind if you wouldnt mind dropping a hundred bucks on that thin little piece of shit. come on