Bong fix, will this work?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by 7764234, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Hey guys, So a little while ago my buddy bought a really nice bong, its nothing really fancy, just a straight tube, ice catcher, nice thick glass, its a zion. I think it was originally $150, but he got it for cheaper because he knows a guy at a head shop. Anyways, he used it maybe twice, the third time we brought it to a party and it ended up getting knocked over by a drunk chick, it ended up landing on the downstem breaking off the outside part of the downstem. He tried getting the broken downstem out but it was super stuck and he ended up breaking the ground glass area around the downstem, it basically broke a quarter of it off. Anyways he kept it because he couldn't bring himself to throw it away. He told me if I can fix it I can have it for 10 bucks because I've fixed a couple broken bongs before that are still alive today. Heres a pic of where it broke
    [​IMG]
    (Not the same as the one in the pic but its basically looks exactly the same)
    So I was thinking, I could get a new downstem for $10 and just glue it or maybe even fiberglass it in so it stays in there perminently, what do you guys think of that? As long as it stays watertight it should be fine right?

2. if the joint isn't all the way broke up off then yeah just anything to make it air tight will work. hell even some electrical tape would work probably.

3. Wait, so this chick broke the downstem, and your buddy proceeded to break the fucking joint on the bong itself?

What the fuck is wrong with your friend? :p

A downstem is easily replaceable. Easily. The joint on the bong itself? That is not so easily replaceable.

4. The chick broke the downstem and it got stuck in the bong, he tried to get it out and ended up breaking the joint because it was so stuck in there. The drunk chick ended up paying for the downstem and my friend ended up just getting a new pipe.

5. Wow dude, that is some fail right there. I mean even the most stubborn downstems will come free with enough elbow grease. But breaking the joint? Well that just kind of ruins the bong right there.

DEF no fiberglass.. Shit is toxic, wouldn't put it near anything i'm about to combust.... You should get a picture if you want some real help.

6. Seems like you could actually get that joint repaired as long as its not super f'd just depends on how bad it is. Like rtlshred said a pic would benifit you the fullest. But DAMN how much torque was he applying to that downstem when trying to pull it can that's skill.

7. I know dude thats what I was thinking! HULLLKKKKK SMAASSSHHHH!!

8. Yeah, no kidding, lots o fail there. Anyways I got from him yesterday and went to the head shop, got a diffused downstem for 10 bucks and then this morning I had an hour to kill so I mixed up some jb weld and filled in the holes. Here's some
    Pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The brown stuff is from when I poked it with a stick to see if it was dry and the stick had some dirt or something hahah oh well, she seems to be workin fine!

9. never bring a glass tube to a party, you always learn the hard way.