Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bong broke (Clean Separation Where Fused); Repairable?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by azorimhigh, May 28, 2013.

1. I've got a Blue Dot bong that, while cleaning, bumped the edge of the sink and split into two pieces. The separation is clean, right where the two sections were joined; the glass edges are not even sharp.
    IMG_0961.jpg
    Honestly, I'm a little disappointed that this could even happen to what I was led to believe was a high quality piece...

Is this something that can be repaired? If so, any advice on how I should go about trying to find someone who can do it? I'm in Tampa.

Thanks.

2. #2 redeyeninja, May 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2013
    In Florida you won't be able to find a shop that will help. But if you find an independant glass blower, they might take the risk. Bluedot is a solid company and the peice breaking has little to do with their production quality. Glass is funny, it doesn't matter so much how thick the peice is (it does matter but not as much as most think), it has more to do with the surface it hits and how it hits. It's why you can shatter glass with a small touch from a tuning fork, or glass can survive a fall and bounce on a wood floor. Frequencies kill glass most often.
    Either way, shitty luck man.