Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Boiling Grinder in Milk

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Antivist, Jun 19, 2018.

1. What are you even on about?

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. .

"Metal Gear!"

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. how is any of that contradicting lol.

4. If you need to ask that question I can't help you and I don't think many else can either.

"Metal Gear!"

• Like Like x 2
  5. If you make an accusation of someone contradicting themselves back it up with an explaination lmao. 1. Consistent timing since I said AROUND 30 minutes and 45 minutes is around then and also not that long a time. 2. I also said close to boiling as I've seen some people say boiling but also not quite.

6. Here is the problem. Someone with lots of experience suggested an alternative which you rejected ... Fine that's okay. I find that on the edible forums you have to be pretty exact about whatever process you are using in order to be taken seriously. My concern would be getting off all the milk proteins or what? Toss the grinder?

:judge:

7. That's why I was here to ask people who have had experience doing that because from what i've found online it has been done before by people and I was wanting personal experiences. I mean I don't see why just rinsing it off after wouldn't work.

8. Wouldn't drinking something out of metal that's been heated (and likely painted) be bad for your health or something?

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. YES

"Copper heat exchangers are important in solar thermal heating and cooling systems because of copper's high thermal conductivity, resistance to atmospheric and water corrosion, sealing and joining by soldering, and mechanical strength."

Copper in heat exchangers - Wikipedia

There's a reason we use copper pipe for hot water and not steel or aluminium.

"Metal Gear!"

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. My 2 grinders are both made in China, no idea what metal they are. They also have a very fine keif screen that I would not wet. I use everclear and a syringe to sort of pressure wash.... Evaporate the wash and smoke or Decarb to eat. But what do I know?

11. Low temps, boiling. That's the contradiction.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Nah, not for me.

• Agree Agree x 1

13. That's easy, first place the grinder in the oven for 45 minutes @240F and then boil it in milk. :sneaky:

14. So, I wouldn't really care to much about the potential health concerns, I would imagine at this level and lack of continual use causing some sort of buildup toxicity, it's no less safe than breathing the air if you live in a city, eating processed foods, or having sex with that cute girl who keeps flirting with you, in fact, I'd wager all of that is much more risky and potentially detrimental to ones health.

But...

I'd be adverse to this because of the issue you could easily have with milk being left behind, even the smallest amount, and fouling your grinder.

You would have to decarb first in order to get you high, but, there is still benefits to THCa. It's just, if you're looking to get "high" you'll have to decarb.

There is no practical way I can think of to decarb while boiling this in milk and not having a pretty nasty/weird tasting/textured end product, if you're expecting a nice glass of milk... you'd likely just end up with your milk curdling and you'll likely not enjoy washing that down lol

But, I recon you could make some stony mozzarella huehuehue

Maybe I'm wrong about it not working well/easily/in a desired way, but, from what I know, it doesn't seem like you could decarb this way, you'd have to do this before adding to your milk.

Still, go for it if you'd like to try it, but you'll probably only do it once, and you probably won't like it because the grinder is going to inevitably alter the taste of the milk and the cannabis will likely make it "sharp" and "pungent", which some will like, but I'd imagine most will find "weird". But who knows you may love it.

I mean, as suggested, ISO, but I myself am a fan of Everclear, still, I'd use one of these methods, and if you want to get high off them big nipple'd bovine discharges, purge the solvent and add the hash to glass of milk and let it sit over night.

But if I were set on trying this, I'd decarb the grinder, bring my milk to a simmer, keeping it on a low simmer, and let the grinder sit in it, moving the grinder around every now and then. I'd pull the grinder out, letting the milk drain from it, dip in back, and repeat until I am left with a clean grinder. I would imagine this would take no longer than 5 - 10 minutes, but I have nothing solid to back that number with, it's just my estimation.

I would then boil the grinder in water, dry it, and put it back in the over, taken fully apart, and heat it to try and fully evaporate all of the water.

Though rust is technically a steel/iron thing, aluminum does and will oxidize. Granted, wouldn't be any real problem and you could get it cleaned up, but still, that is a realistic factor if all of the water is not fully removed. Threading and the screen, if you have one, will be the spots water will be easily trapped in. A cotton swab (Q-Tip) could work well to help remove it.

Preferably I would let what I am extracting sit, (though maybe this is a pointless step when using heat) but since it is a grinder, I would not want that to sit in the milk and alter the taste too greatly, assuming it would, and I would have to assume that.

I can't imagine this would be anything that requires any "tricks" or "skill", so really, if you wanna, go for it. Just clean up your grinder afterwords, otherwise it's just gonna smell like baby vomit for a while lol

Let us know how it turns out if you do it

15. Thank you so much for the advice. I'm going to try what you said about decarbing it first since that was something I wasn't sure about. I'm going to try decarbing it and then letting it sit in milk that's not quite simmering yet for a little and see what happens. I'll make sure to clean it really well in order to get all the milk and water out of it. I don't see me doing this very often, but if it works that'll be awesome and if not I'll just stick with iso. I'll let you know how it goes.

16. Why don't you just make a real edible instead of trying to make a half arsed one that will probably make you sick...

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Because I like trying new things and I already made some earlier this week.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Fair enough lol I wouldn't fuck with it though I'd just eat an edible then clean my grinder with iso

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. I'll probably clean it with Iso next time, but it can't really hurt to try. Plus if it works it'll be good since I love chai tea and could use the milk from it to make one later.

20. If you have a titanium or even stainless steel grinder I wouldn't worry about metals leaching into it. Other metals like copper and aluminum and lesser grade stainless steel would be of concern though.