Bohemian Rhapsody (2018)

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Vee, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Bohemian Rhapsody is a foot-stomping celebration of Queen, their music and their extraordinary lead singer Freddie Mercury. Freddie defied stereotypes and shattered convention to become one of the most beloved entertainers on the planet. The film traces the meteoric rise of the band through their iconic songs and revolutionary sound. They reach unparalleled success, but in an unexpected turn Freddie, surrounded by darker influences, shuns Queen in pursuit of his solo career. Having suffered greatly without the collaboration of Queen, Freddie manages to reunite with his bandmates just in time for Live Aid. While bravely facing a recent AIDS diagnosis, Freddie leads the band in one of the greatest performances in the history of rock music. Queen cements a legacy that continues to inspire outsiders, dreamers and music lovers to this day

Quotes
    John Reid: So, tell me. What makes Queen any different from all of the other wannabe rockstars I meet?
    Freddie Mercury: Tell you what it is, Mr. Reid. Now we're four misfits who don't belong together, we're playing for the other misfits. They're the outcasts, right at the back of the room. We're pretty sure they don't belong either. We belong to them.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [from trailer, Brian May finishes Bohemian Rhapsody guitar solo in studio]

Brian May: So now what?

Freddie Mercury: Oh, this is when the operatic section comes in.

Brian May: Ah. The operatic section, yeah...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[after listening to Bohemian Rhapsody]

Ray Foster: It goes on forever, six bloody minutes!

Freddie Mercury: I pity your wife if you think six minutes is forever.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Score 9/10

• Like Like x 2
  2. Thanks for the preview, looking forward to seeing it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I can’t wait to see this. I’ll probably wait till it comes out on DVD or on demand on cable or something. I don’t go to movie theaters much anymore. I love Queen though. One of the greatest rock bands ever. Freddie Mercury is a musical genius, his voice was incredible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. This is one of the best movies I've seen. Couldn't have been caster better, truly moving, even if the story takes some liberties with reality. I left that theater with a different appreciation for one of my favorite bands, and for music in general, and even more love for my girl.

Highly recommend it - it's one of those you've gotta watch with a great sound system, though. Here's to you, Freddie. Thanks for the art.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Love Queen. Love Freddie.

Brian May is one of the biggest twats ever though. Commie douchebag, with an over inflated sense of self worth and importance.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Great movie. Too bad Freddie had so many issues but that seems to be the way of many of the artistically gifted. .

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. I've been looking forward to this.

Big fan of Freddie

• Like Like x 2