Body Weight

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Iraqiunit, Apr 16, 2011.

1. SO i've been dieting and its been going pretty good, the only problem is im only losing it in my upper body so now my ribs and collarbone are sticking out, how can i like put weight back on there and get my lower body skinnier?

2. Fat loss is generally pretty evenly distributed among all the fat in the body. You can't just lose fat from a certain spot without losing fat elsewhere. However, for men the last fat to go is usually the spare tire around the waist, while women have trouble with the butt and thighs.
    Do you mean that you are losing muscle from your upper body? If that's the case, maybe you aren't lifting enough (if you are at all). It's a good idea to keep up with strength training while dieting to spare muscle loss. Strength training is very different from hypertrophy (mass growth) training though. You have to be careful since you are in a caloric deficit from dieting. Try to keep your reps for most exercises below 6 per set- so you will be lifting quite heavy. Also, don't go to failure during lifts. When doing strength training there is no reason to strain the nervous system with sets to failure as it will only increase recovery time.
    Sorry if you weren't talking about muscle loss. If you're just having trouble losing fat from your lower body, that's normal. The last few pounds are the hardest to lose.

3. work out and put some muscle up there. just do shoulder raises with some weights, lateral side raises with some light weights maybe a few pushups. ladys dig many upper bodies like we dig nice hips thighs booty etc

4. The first place men put on fat (the stomach) is the last place they lose their fat. I dont know why it just works that way. Hope this helps