Bob Marley vs Ziggy Marley

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by ExodusToker, Jun 11, 2012.

1. What do you guys think about Bob Marley and Ziggy Marley?

I've been listening to Bob Marley for a few years and recently was introduced to Ziggy Marley. I feel that Ziggy Marley has a lot more heart in his music, it seems like he means what he sings a lot more than Bob did. Just an example, Bob Marley wrote "One Love" meanwhile he was cheating on his wife with multiple women. As we all know Bob Marley also writes about peace and accepting your fellow men however when his manager ripped him off early in his carreer he nearly beat him to death.

From what I've seen so far regarding Ziggy Marley he really does want peace. None of his songs suggest anything otherwise, "Love is My Religion" is a great example of this. His music seems a lot more relaxed and less convoluted by social issues, it seems he wants peace regardless of how others will act.

Please note, I'm not bashing Bob Marley in this thread. His music, for the most part has a great message.

2. I like both. But Ziggy is way more chill to listen to. He's more current to me.

3. cheating? his wife knew he told he would call her to get woman out of his room a quote from him "a king has many queens" having one woman is western philosophy. and bobs music has a WAY stronger message that you probably don't understand

4. [quote name='"ExodusToker"']As we all know Bob Marley also writes about peace and accepting your fellow men however when his manager ripped him off early in his carreer he nearly beat him to death.[/quote]

Dude if I were bob I'd beat the shit out of my manager too don't say you wouldn't!! Don't fuck with a niqqas money damn.

5. he nearly beat his manager to death ? what are you talking about man?

6. [quote name='"JetsFool420"']he nearly beat his manager to death ? what are you talking about man?[/quote]

Is this not true?

7. Man I love GC drama. Its like a different world.

8. Bob man

Attached Files:

9. yeah they say bob beat him when he was still poor and he found out don taylor was taking money from him but he was still his manager till 79 so

10. #10 RareGolden, Jun 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2012
    Do any of bobs song suggest other wise? were talking about the guy who got shot the day before he was suppose to do a peace concert and checked his self out the hospital to go perform knowing they could shot him easily on stage if they wanted to and had both the president who were running for jamaica who were fighting hold hands together on stage. were talking about the guy who played in zimbabwe on there independence day while the feds threw tear gas at him but he kept singing while everyone ran. "Me only have one ambition, ya know. I only have one thing I really like to see happen. I like to see mankind live together - black, white, Chinese, everyone that's all" - bob marley

11. the son can not be greater than the father

12. It goes: Bob>Stephen>Damian>Ziggy>Julian>Kymani :devious:

And one love has nothing to do with sex, marriage, relationships, etc. It's about loving each and every human equally:"one love, one heart. let's get together and feel all right. Hear the children crying!"

13. Not being a whore=western philosophy. Haha that's nice.

And Jamacia is in the western hemisphere.

14. Theyre both equally terrible. People only pretend to like reggae because of its association with smoking weed.

15. [quote name='"White Indian"']Theyre both equally terrible. People only pretend to like reggae because of its association with smoking weed.[/quote]

You. You had to come as be the buzzkill eh?

16. #17 White Indian, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2012
    I just tells it like it is

17. Well that's just not true at all :eek:. I'm not always in the mood for Minor Threat, or Son House, or Ornette Coleman, but sometimes I am. Same goes for Burning Spear and Black Uhuru.

18. how would that make them a whore? and Africa eastern hemisphere you don't understand

19. I completely disagree, i like reggae because it is peaceful music.