Blumat Watering Stakes?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Buzzer777, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Anyone using Blumat Watering Stakes..?

I know they water when THEY think the plant needs water, but I thought of hooking up a gravity fed bucket system for watering/feeding my indoor soil grow. Would put an on/off valve inline, so I could decide when to water and not the watering stakes.. Getting lazy in my old age and those Halo Rings just do not excite me for some reason . Would be good for an auto watering system too if hooked to a pump and timer I think..

Thoughts?

2. blumats are awesome, cant recommend them enough. the way they work is to maintain a regular hydration in the soil. so you basically decide how hydrated you want your soil to be and they will maintain it.
    i have had a few different automated watering systems and blumats are the easiest and most reliable IMO.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanx Scooby!!
    Your recommendation is good enough for me!!
    Going to Amazon now!!

4. i wouldnt go with the kit
    whats your setup? pot size? numbers?

5. Tent is 3x3x6 (flowering) using 5gal fabric pots, FFOF soil, 3-4 plants per grow. (crowded I know but I like to grow multiple strains..Lighting= Unit Farm UFO80 on the Left, Nextlight Mini on the right..The tall MFs are supposed to be Grandaddy Purple (Bonza)..everything about them is huge..LOL
    Yesterday 4.5 wks in:
    7-14-17.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. i would get:
    1 Blumat tropff maxi per pot (these go deeper into the soil then the regular model)
    2 distribution drippers per pot (they come in 10 but 50 pack is a better deal, made by blumat)
    1 blumat tank connector
    1 blumat shutoff valve
    blumat superflex tubing (runs from your res to the pots.) this is much better then the 8mm tubing that comes with the kit.
    one T connector to run the 8mm line in a loop, this way if something gets clogs water can still flow from the other direction.

HTH

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thank you..Already have a few Homer 5 gal buckets..
    Appreciate all the help!

8. @Sc00byD00bie Sc00b, can you help me choice some blumats? I´m running recycled soil, plain water and top dresses now and then. Its a tent grow, where I use 3-5 gallon fabric pots for most vegging, and 5 to 15 ones for flowering (planning to try a 20 gallon sativa monster).

9. id use the tropff maxi on the 15-20's and regular tropff on the smaller ones. also get some distribution drippers, 1 for up to 5gallon and 2 or three per larger pot.

10. Must say I like the blumats
    7 gallon fab pots
    2 tropf per pot
    Seems to be working well but wondering if I need to hand water every now and then to make sure everything gets moist?

Attached Files:

11. no need really IMO

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cool just wasn't sure if the tropfs would be getting everywhere. They recommend two of the regular ones for 7 gal so I figured I should be ok. Just needed another opinion.
    Thanks
    :passing-joint:

13. You can always add blumat distribution drippers if you wanted more drip points.

14. Interesting. Been considering blumats but im hempy bucket bottom fed. So.... i just need to fill each bucket with a switch.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. good looking plants right there

16. Im about to blumat for flower pm me