Bluelab Solutions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Splonk, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Hi guys.
    Is it possible to re use Bluelab solutions for
    their pens and where is the cheapest place to get it ? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. It's a possible really bad idea. It's like robbing from the standard all measurements are calibrated to. You would be surprised how little solution it takes. I use a small medicine pill (plastic not glass) bottle just wide enough for the pen to stand straight up in. Fill till you get a reading change. Save bottle and rinse out. Amazon all the way, in case you need to return. Many bad Bluelab sellers on ebay selling their used items as new. Make sure it is all genuine Bluelab. Worth the small premium. One little 500 ml bottle lasts me a long time and gets funky if re used.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I was thinking to get the ph and ppm all in one kit on amazon for 21.99 as the bottles only have a 3 month shelf life apparently.
    Didn't realise they needed so much care(solution once a week,calibrate once a month)

4. no, the shelf life is longer than that. I use very little of the storage solution. The 4 and 7 probably last me a year. I only recently started using the ppm, and it seems to be very stable. So, if the shelf life is only 3 months, that makes an even stronger case for not reusing. You can buy the individual sealed packets that you simply open slighly and insert pen. I like them because their is no container contamination. But I suppose they also have a shelf life. There is a checkmark on the pen. As long as it is showing the pen (both ph and ppm) are properly calibrated and you don't need to recalibrate until the check mark no longer shows. Usually about a month of daily use for me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The storage solution is very important. I keep a very small bottle and a very small eye dropper. You just rinse the cap in tap and add 3 drops to the cap on the sponge. Every so often. Not too often, or it will cake, but never let it dry out. Once every 3 days, 3 drops in a rinsed cap, is about right.

• Like Like x 1
  6. #8 Splonk, Jan 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    Hmm,can never get links to work on here..

Bluelab Probe Care Kits pH Conductivity Cleaning Maintenance Hydroponics (Probe Care Kit - pH & Conductivity)