Bluelab ppm pen question.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by cocainecowboyy, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Should I be measuring ppm by 500ppm setting or the 700ppm setting?? And what do I use ec measurement for?? And how old should these girls be before I transplant and feed them?

Attached Files:

2. It shouldn't really matter which setting as long as you convert things right. I've never heard of one having different readings like that though. Maybe post a picture of the pen. Maybe others know, but mine just has one setting to read ppm's. Usually you take a gallon of water, add your nutes, then check the PPM to make sure it isn't too high and will hurt them. If it's high add more water. If low, a little more nutes. I wouldn't feed them for a little while yet. Also when you do you'll want to start with low PPM's otherwise they can burn. General rule of thumb is to start at 1/4 nutrients the first watering, 1/2 strength next, 3/4, full. Personally when I do soil I wait until they're a couple weeks into veg. That also depends on the soil you have though. The soil may already have some in it depending on what you're using.

3. If anyone knows what setting I should use that would help a lot! Thanks for the info bro!

Attached Files:

4. Sorry, I can't help with that thing. I even tried to check online, but I don't really get it. It was saying you can switch it to measure 500 or 700 PPM solution, but I don't want to switch anything. I just want it to read it. Whatever it is. Weird. You have that much cash to drop on this? I think I bought my PH pen and PPm online for around $30 for the both. Those may be worth every penny, but I have no idea. I'm thrifty. lol.

5. Yeah I put a lot of money into this grow.

6. The 500/700 ppm thing is only a calibration thing. So if you calibration solution says 700 ppm use that if its 500 use that. The conversion is probably not changeable. That's what I think anyways. You can always just go by the ec since it eliminates the whole conversion crap.

7. Thanks for the help I found out that it's forsure the 500 setting for the nutrients I'm using.