Blueberry scrog 3 weeks flower (pics!)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by xshadowshooter, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Here is a picture of one of the big buds on this bitch :)

Attached Files:

2. hey shooter;;;;\
    have any pics showinfg the scrog man, i saw some bud shots a page or so back but didnt see the scrohg man... buds look god though... nice work..:D

3. Thanks! Well, there is always this picture that shows the screen I used and how far above the bin it is.. However, it didn't really end up working like that, we had to move the setup at the last minute and I couldn't mount the screen properly in the new space.
    [​IMG]

This is while they were in Veg,
    [​IMG]

4. And here is one I just took a couple minutes ago showing the screen for ya
    [​IMG]

5. i usually just lurk in the growing threads, as i am far from a grower at this point, however,

what a nice fuckin' grow, dude! :D
    scrog is the way to fuckin' go, and your crop proves it!

6. Thank you very much :D Hopefully you'll get your own crop going soon enough, I don't know the details of your situation but I hope that you have that opportunity.. Even if someone took my plants away right after I harvested I wouldn't feel too bad because it has been such an experience watching them grow up.

Scrog is _definitely_ the way to go, I will probably be using this method for the rest of my life :)

Thanks again for your compliments, I trust you'll be following along with the harvest less than 2 weeks away :smoke:

7. shooter this journal was a huge help for me tryin to figure out scrog. thanks so much for putting it up. keep rockin man.

8. I guess I missed this comment somehow. Thank you! I unfortunately don't have a camera so cell phone pics will have to do for now :-\

You should be happy to know that I will be making all kinds of hash, I already have a whole bunch of sugar leaves in a bin waiting for le harvest :)

9. There starting to grow OMFG THERE STARTING TO BUD DUDE WHOOOOOOOOOOO

10. I dont think molasses and hydro go well together. From what I understand its just terrible for your system. You might be better off sticking with distilled water. I have seen people use molasses in hydro grows before but they injected the molasses right into the main stem. ..Your girls are looking lovely though..excellent job!:D

11. hey shadow, sry i missed the last update. Those LSTd bitches are looking great. I love seeun the buds jussst starting and a week later they are lil nuglets :D Its gunna be a great cpl months for you :eek:

12. Its okay man :) Thank you! I'll try to get some pictures up tomorrow (well really today, considering its 10AM and I haven't slept).. I took your advice about flushing too early and realized I was just being impatient, they are have been back on 100% nutes for another 3 days or so.. haven't seen much growth in the last couple of days.

Trichs are about 20-60-20 amber-cloudy-clear so I will probably flush today or tomorrow and hope for 30-70-0 by the time they are all flushed out.

Also, I cut a couple of sucker nugs off and they all taste really green/chlorophyll/chemically and I was wondering if there was anything I should be doing to improve the taste.. Or if it is something that will only go away with a good cure? Maybe I should look into water curing..?

Thanks for the kind words and for taking the time to stop in and post a comment. Any comment is welcome and appreciated :)

13. Sounds like the ferts to me... did it sizzle too? From my smoking experience, properly flushed and cured weed is much smoother, so you should be fine if you can wait :)

14. Thanks subaru! I am in kind of a predicament in regards to my flush.. I have two plants in the same res, but one of them is a good two-three weeks ahead of the other one.. So if I start flush today and harvest the one that is further along in about two weeks.. the other one would still have two weeks of growing to do, maybe even more.

Do indicas generally finish faster than sativas? Because the early finisher (8-9 weeks flower, about) expresses many indica traits (wide leaves, shorter, tighter internodes), and the other one stretched a good four inches above the other plant when I switched to 12/12 before it even thought about making buds..

So taking your advice, its likely due to the nutes.. On that note, and having researched water curing a bit, I will be water curing these 6 wet grams of bud I cut and smoking them in a week. Damn cannabis and its taking so long to finish! Seems like these last few weeks have been inching along while I wait for the proper moment. I always have to watch myself because there is this impulsive feeling inside of me that just wants to go in there with a pair of scissors and cut it all down and smoke it immediately. But that would probably cut into my yield and quality significantly, and I don't think my partner would approve.

15. shadowshooter, looking good man. just be patient and you will be rewarded :)

ya after you flush again that chemical taste should go away, thats just from the nutes.

post some more pics soon!

16. Yup.flush is the key :smoking: and I notice a big diff just being in the jars for a week:) much smoother.
    Have patience it will be worth it.:yummy:
    They look great man:cool:

17. Are you serious??? Someone actually injected molasses into the stem? Did it work?

Hey shadow, how big were the plants (height and stem) when you bent over the main stem?

Did you help the branches spread out to fill the screen?

Also what do you mean by "water curing"? Can you describe the process for me?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm trying to learn as much as I can before I get my own setup started.

Great grow BTW, I never imagined CFL's would do so well!:hello::hello::hello:

18. So taking your advice, its likely due to the nutes.. On that note, and having researched water curing a bit, I will be water curing these 6 wet grams of bud I cut and smoking them in a week.

At least you can wait a week, I couldn't:D it was bad, harsh,stung my lips, and burned my lungs;)LOL

Damn cannabis and its taking so long to finish! Seems like these last few weeks have been inching along while I wait for the proper moment. I always have to watch myself because there is this impulsive feeling inside of me that just wants to go in there with a pair of scissors and cut it all down and smoke it immediately. But that would probably cut into my yield and quality significantly, and I don't think my partner would approve.

LOL,LOL,LOL Thats so me LOL,LOL,LOL:devious::devious::devious:

19. #99 xshadowshooter, Mar 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2009
    Thanks, I figured it was probably from the nutes.. I dumped the res today and replaced it with fresh water, I'll probably do this one more time before harvest since there is like 1/2 inch of nute solution at the bottom of my res that I can't seem to siphon out :(

I will definitely try to get some pics up tonight. No promises, but I will try.

Okay, thank you :) I have only harvested once and it was all smoked in the first week, so curing is kind of a grey area for me. I am using all of my self-control to keep them from being chopped before they are ready. Thank you :)

Welcome, htc! Glad you stopped by :) I'll do my best to answer the questions you posed above.

I've never injected molasses myself, so I can't speak to its effect. In fact Creeps mentioning here is the first time I had ever heard of it.

The plants were probably just under a foot when I bent them over. This will change based on how high above your medium the screen is (I go for about 2-4 inches of growth above the screen before I pull it back). Yes, I had been manually "guiding" the branches throughout veg. When flowering kicked in it just started branching like crazy and there was nothing I could really do to keep positioning them, so I just let them do their thing.. Since then, the only sort of training I have done is pulling the branches that grow too far over the canopy back down even with the rest.

Water curing is actually a really simple process, taking advantage of osmosis to leech the chlorophyll and other undelicious things out. You pretty much just soak your buds in water for a week, changing the water every day (it will get green/brown/cloudy).. And on the seventh day, God said, "let there be stinky nugget!" And it was so. Anyway, yeah, after a week take them out of the water and hang them to dry. The smoke will be smoother than you're probably used to, and the ash will be a pure white; however, the bud will likely lose smell and flavour during the process.

The advantages:
    -Takes only 1 week for fully cured buds, something that takes 2-3 months and even longer.
    -You can chop your plants and begin curing them immediately, as opposed to waiting for them to dry before curing.
    -Some tell me that it will even save having to do a pre-harvest flush, as it
    -Smoke is very, very smooth.
    -Potency increases
    -Good for Stealth operations, as the underwater buds will not make your room smell like freshly cut grass, if you know what I mean.

Disadvantages:
    -You will lose most of the smell/taste of your buds.
    -Reduces "bag appeal".. buds may be darker and appear "pressed" and look more like low-quality.
    -Weight will be reduced compared to the same bud air-cured, but this could be considered an advantage too, since you will not lose any THC[not water soluable]. More THC/weight means more potent weed. However, commercial growers should steer clear. Typically, we expect a 25% return on the dry weight of the buds compared to the wet in air curing. In water curing you can expect about 15% of the wet weight.

So it is up to you to decide what method to use. I am personally using a combination of the two.. Water-curing sucker branches and maybe one or two of the main branches just so I have something good to smoke fast. The rest will be properly air-cured.. Because I mean, I paid $80 for blueberry, its a shame to wash out everything that makes it so :)

No worries, questions is how we learn and there is no reason to apologize. It is my pleasure to share what knowledge I have with those that are eager to learn it.

Thank you for your kind words. I, too, have been very impressed with CFLs since I made the switch halfway through my last grow. :hello:

Glad I could get you into water curing. I'm very intrigued myself and I'm looking forward to smoking this stuff :) I'm sure it's a common urge to cut/smoke everything. Last grow everything was cut way too early. We could have gotten probably a half pound off of the five plants we had.. but they were probably cut 5-7 weeks into flowering RIGHT when the first hairs started turning orange. That stuff tasted fucking dank though--maybe a little bit chlorophyll-y--, and it was just some bagseed :)

Thanks everybody for stopping in! Happy growing :D

20. Hey Shadow:) do you have a microscope?