Blueberry/Big bud/gorilla glue/Raspberry cough grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by moabfighter, Jul 18, 2018.

1. IMG_5205.JPG Wish the setup was a lot cleaner, but I wanted to make sure I had enough ducting to raise and lower the light, which I do, and also my temps hit 89 degrees. Is that okay? Actually been a consistent 86-89.... havent hit 90. But I had to duct 4" to 6" so it'd fit, taped it sealed, and have the fan on max.

2. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    see the above chart a M/h and hps for the best height in inches

I've used these for years, I'd be keeping temps below 90f

good luck

3. 90 is way too hot, the temp should not get above 80 at the tops of your plants.!

• Like Like x 1
  4. How do I get temps down? I'm wondering if my thermometer is correct becaue it feels decently cool In the tent

5. #5 old shol4evr, Jul 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    delete

• Like Like x 2
  6. #6 old shol4evr, Jul 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    delete

7. I'm very sure the air is rolling the right way. Temps sitting at 90. Ugh. I hope my thermometer is broken. Can't take much more problems :/

8. Can you get a shot of what the ducting looks like? One big thing I'm noticing there is that you're trying to push air through a reducer, which drastically hurts the air flow. Try and get the correct size ducting to fit the hoods tubes, don't restrict that air flow if you can avoid it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I raised my lights about a foot and a half and I've already dropped 4-5 degrees allegedly. And yes, I ordered 4" fan and ducting instead of 6 by mistake so I had to buy reducers for the air cooled hood, good catch mate.

10. I raised my lights about a foot and a half and I've already dropped 4-5 degrees allegedly. And yes, I ordered 4" fan and ducting instead of 6 by mistake so I had to buy reducers for the air cooled hood, good catch mate.

11. The fan that you're using, is it running through an inline fan and filter? Or is it just an inline fan by itself?

12. It's running through a carbon filter as well. So I have let's see.. filter going to fan, going to duct work,going to air cooled hood, going to duct work, going to exhausting our the tent.

My worry is my fan just isn't gonna cut it for the size and quality light.

Should the holes of my tent be open? Because I have them all open including the two side vents... not sure why but I do have all holes open aside from the hole that is tifht around the duct exhaust.

13. There's really not a whole hell of a lot you're going to be able to do there to straighten that out without ditching that fan and filter... The most ideal way to move that air would be filter -> fan ->reducer (4" to 6" which is actually a widener at that point) -> hood ->out of the tent. That way you aren't bottle necking the air through a smaller hole, you are going from a smaller hole into a bigger one. Save for getting a 6 inch fan, filter, and ducting, that's the most ideal thing you can do in your situation

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Also, if you can line it up with the exhaust hole as much as possible, without a lot of twists and turns that would also help you out quite a bit, don't know if that's possible, but if you can do that, it would be very beneficial.

15. do you have vents open at the top?

16. Any pictures.. theyll help us figure this out alot easier.?!

Smoke-A-Lot

17. To get the temps down you'll need some more duct work and another fan and suck cooler air from the outside of the tent in. I like to keep my temps 79-82 when the lights are on and 70-72 when the lights are off. I've noticed much slower growth when warmer or cooler. Your tent looks fine man. You'll figure it out to be how you want it to be after a few successful grows.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. close the vents at the top of the tent and open all bottom vents,
    this will allow cooler air to enter through the bottom vents and the fan will pull out the hot air.!!

19. Thanks so much for the help everyone. Really enjoying the start of this new hobby. My temps are down to 82.5 (yay!) and I just now closed the top holes so maybe they'll go a little lower. Tent is a rocking like it's windy in there lol looks cool. So far 3/4 Nirvana beens have popped. 2 big bud and 1 raspberry cough. Waiting on the second raspberry cough, but I have the three that popped planted in FFOF. Have the whole trio of nutes for whenever that time comes. Ph meter etc. can't wait!

• Like Like x 2