Blue Cookies HPS Grow Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by weneedthis, Nov 16, 2015.

1. #1 weneedthis, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2015
    So I don't have everything completely down yet, but for what I did originally have: (couple of clay pots, thick dirt, desk CFLs) to what I have now: (5 Gallon cloth pot, HPS, FFoF soil and nutes, bug strips, mold control, fans, exhaust, LST, Toppig) things are going much different! I did not germinate the seed I just put it in the soil, watered it once and it grew two-three days later.

This is day one out of the soil:
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1447650272.105785.jpg

This is current day 29:
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1447650325.753068.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1447650401.534910.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1447650416.389444.jpg

I'll be posting either daily or every other day, so I figured I'd start my own official Journal!

All and any feedback is welcome and appreciated! To be continued!

2. Looking good. Nevet a great idea to sprout 2 girls 1 cup

3. When you start seeds again or plant some clones, start them out in Solo cups...one per. Keeping the space they have to root into small speeds up the foliage growth. Planting a seed in a large container will take some time for it to get rooted in and the foliage growth to pick up since there is so much soil for the tiny seedling to root into. Confine the root space as you pot up one size each time and your growth will be faster. Never plant more than one seed in a container. You can take a fork or spoon and go down under the one you need to get out and just remove the whole thing in one wad. Put it into a separate container. It's better to do it now than wait until it gets more settled and the roots expand into the pot. Be careful with watering....the biggest killer of plants by new growers. LOL That's another good reason to keep them in small containers until they've gotten established. With a tiny plant in a large container it takes forever to use up the water and most new growers look at the little plant that isn't doing much and think something is wrong with it. They will then try to "do stuff" to make it grow like watering, giving nutes, etc., and this usually ends up in the death of the plant. When all they should've been doing is just leaving it alone. These things have been around for thousands of years and survived on their own with no special attention from man. I think we greatly overthink this a lot of the time. Obviously, you don't have to germinate seeds. They will germinate themselves in the soil...which is how it was intended, and grow fine that way.
    All in all, it took me a good 2 years to get up the equipment and supplies I needed and wanted to use in my grow. We put it together one piece at a time and upgraded after every harvest. Other than a couple of LED's I plan on adding to the mix next spring/summer and a winch system hubs wants to add to the lights so they will be easy to raise up and out of the way when I'm in there working, our room is pretty much how we had envisioned it to be in the beginning. It just took us a while to get there. You just have to keep it in perspective and remember that this is a hobby....a "want" and not a "need" and do it the best way you can. If I'd known it was going to cost me this much money, be as complicated as it is and require this much work, I might not have started it. NAH......I'd have done it anyway!! LOL Most fun I've had in years!! LOL Good luck! TWW

4. Thanks boys, yes I know it wasn't a wise idea! I took them out of the same cup as soon as they sprouted. I also only have one plant now I killed the other just so I could focus on one, so we will see!

5. #5 weneedthis, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2015
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1447708461.822694.jpg

Day progress
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1447708565.589102.jpg

6. Nice looking cookie! What size hps are you using? I've got a single GSC going right now under 400 watts 4 weeks into flowering tomarrow. Did some late lst on her starting at about 16 inches on the same day I flipped to 12 12. I should have vegged a lil longer but hey live and learn. So im really interested to see what you end up doing with this one. I'll be sticking around.

7. I believe it is a 150 or 250w HPS! I will try to find out for sure when I get home. How long did you veg for? And how is it responding to 400watts? Is that not too much for one plant? And is it reacting nicely to the LST? I'll see if you have a thread up instead of asking! Thanks for following! Again all advice and sharing your experience helping me along the way is greatly appreciated! I'm trying to get the most I can yield with what I've got going on, and get the potency down right!

8. Heres the thread I've got it in.. http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuan... Since its by itself I didn't do one for it.. kinda just experimenting. I vegged for about 5 or 6 weeks under some shop floros. I transplanted and flipped to 12 12 and lst all the same day. Like I said experiment.. and it took to it very nicely. I did 2 bends while it's streached. And I don't think it's too much light.. just enough. Lol too much might be if I ran my second 400 watter at 50% at the same time.. lol (which I am) hahaha I figure it's such a big space and I don't have very good reflection.. what the hell!:) hahaha possibly a waste of power but an ease of mind.

9. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1447868310.113890.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1447868327.151279.jpg

Can't seem to keep the temp under 80-84 when light is on!!!

What is the cheapest most efficient way to reduce heat?

10. #11 weneedthis, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2015
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1447882235.931235.jpg

Just topped everything!

11. Very nice man! How long do you plan on vegging for? Did you get a chance to take a look at my GSC? As for your heat issue I wish I had a cheap solution but I run an air conditioner year round in my closet. Maybe tra adding an extra fan. Do you have a good inline fan and good intake for it? If your not getting enough air circulation I'm sure that would build up heat. Idk just my thoughts.. I'm not sure what kind of set up you have. Oh and a cool tube possibly for that hps.. I'm not sure how hot those one get but it might be another thing to look at if all else fails.

12. Oh and those temps seem ok for veg.. I should have said that to begin with.. sorry I always run my veg room in between 80 and the hottest 85. They seem to really like it, I've been doing it like that for almost a year now with no issues. My flower room however always set to 78 high and mid to upper 60s at night. Hope this helps a little.

13. I'm going to veg for minimum two months. After two I'll see how patient I am for the rest lol. And I really do want to keep the temp to about 74-78 HIGHEST so I'm going to do what I can to make that happen. I really want the blue and purples of this strain to shine so I'm going to keep the temps as low as possible without causing stress. I'll invest in a tube and more fans soon! And yes I got a chance to look at your grows! Fantastic job.

14. I definitely feel you in wanting to get those colors to pop. That did start on mine till a late in flowering. Not sure when yourself will change that's just mine. I was thinking is there anyway you can lower the temp of the air coming into your grow room? That might help a little bit.

15. Yes indeed. But it's in a very secluded section where not much circulation besides the window heat from outside is sitting next to. It's halfway in a closet and trying to keep it there so it gets a little air flow, but again not much. I just added another fan and faced it toward the top of the tent so the heat circulates out! It brought the temp down to 77 before I left, from 82, so probably lower! I'll be happy with that temp range if it stays there during the day!

16. #17 weneedthis, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1447964417.984816.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1447979205.269204.jpg

17. 77 sounds like a nice temp. How did that hold up during the day yesterday? That plant really looks good and happy. Oh and GSC has definitely become one of my favorite strains aswell. It is too bad we couldent we share harvest cuz that blueberry cross sounds like its gonna be some dankness!!!

18. What's a good temp for a grow room while my lights are off it gets low 70's and when lights are on its about 78-81 f is that good

19. I don't stay around my house too much so I don't get to see the temps until I get home (usually when the 6hour night cycle kicks in), which drops the temps to 74 max. Yes thankfully she seems very healthy, no signs of anything bad this far, maybe a little stunted growth from heat/trimming/LST but other than that she's making very good progress! And I know GSC is fantastic all around. Smell, look, taste, high. I remember when I saw my first batch of them.... Was blown away!

I usually don't mind others asking questions in my thread, but you are literally ignoring the post and posting your own question! Please use the other forums for help! 68-74 is fine lights off, 74-82max lights on. And that's max and strain dependent.