Blue Cheese - CFL Grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Strapz, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Had a few days of clouds, which is rare for me...but she's still going good. Some pistils are visible now, but my camera sucks and I cant get it to focus on close ups.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Well congrats on the fem man she looks pretty happy.

I want to see this stuff finish up . mmmm

3. I'm on the other side of the debate.... From my experience a good trim job taking off those big fan leaves helps boost the growth rate of flowering sites for a bigger yield. Just my opinion, there are good arguments to leaving them on too especially if you plan to :cool:re-veg in order to take clones.

4. Anyone know what would cause a leaf to do this? Temp flucuations? It's a wierd look, and is like that on a few fan leaves.

[​IMG]

5. Need a better picture, the leaf is all blurry I can't see what's up wit it.

6. Possibly a phosphorous deficiency.

7. Hey bro - nice lookin' lady!

One thing that came to mind is even though she's gonna really blow up by bein' taken outside - you're also introducing whatever 'life' is outside into your inner grow room environment. Such as insects, parasites, etc... Just something to keep an eye out for.

As far as the leaf it appears to be something that all of them are experiencing in that their tips are starting to droop and change color.

I usually see this when the soil is too hot... sorry if you posted your soil mix, I must have missed it.. but either way, IMHO she's showing signs of nute burn....

8. Yeah, i'm sure the soil gets warm during the afternoon hours. She gets drilled by sun from 11:15 to 7ish extremely hard. Mid day can be anywhere up to the upper 80's and dropping to the 50's at night right now. I know she loves the sun, but the temp out there is worrying me and making me wonder if it's worth it, or to pull the plug soon and bring her back inside. A buddy of mine has a 250 HPS that he hinted at letting me use. So right now i'm not sure what to do.

And about the bugs, she's looking clean...and about 50 feet from ground level, so not exposed to much other than maybe a few bee's here and there. I'll keep watch closely as I know not to under estimate critters.

Thanks everyone, please keep the advice and input coming.

9. If you want to cool down your roots... When youre watering without nutes, use ice instead of water. Get a gallon of ice and put it on the soil, the sun will melt it and cold water will get to the roots.

10. Ok so I got a couple better pics on that odd looking leaf.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Then a few pics of some pistils if you look closely.

[​IMG][​IMG]

11. how many days into flowering now?

12. #32 Strapz, Sep 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2008
    She's been outside 13 days, 12 nights.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. what kind of soil are you using mate

14. It's just some cheap Organic flowering mix by MG. It's in a rock wool cube as well.

15. ah rite kewl... does it have time released ferts no ?

16. I added some pellets on it, probably the wrong ones. 13-13-13, I just ordered proper stuff for my next go.

17. Looks awesome man. i willl keep watching

18. Updated pics.

[​IMG][​IMG]

19. She's comin along.

[​IMG]