Blotchy yellowing leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by alphafoxtrot115, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Some of the leaves on my plant have started to become blotchy and yellowish over the last few days. Looking online it appears it could be leaf septoria, but it doesn't look that close to how images of that look online.
    IMG_20170625_163327.jpg IMG_20170625_163336.jpg IMG_20170625_163342.jpg
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

2. Are you PHing your water?

Looks like PH spotting to me.

Other than that, it looks healthy and fine, if you start PHing your water if you weren't I wouldn't worry about it

3. Also, what medium are you growing in?

4. After comparing it to my plant which had PH issues it most definitely is Spotting due to PH.

Fix the PH issue and the problem will stop. The affected leaves will never recover but that's fine as it will stop spreading to the other leaves.

5. The medium is soil (specifically BioBizz All-Mix). I have been checking the pH with one of those cheap ones you stick in the soil, so I don't believe it's likely to be accurate. I do have a pH pen, I just hadn't got round to calibrating it. Now would probably be a good time to do that.

6. Yea, definitely do that and PH your water and nutes everytime. It's good you spotted it early on before lockout though

7. It looks like old growth dying off to me...nothing to be upset about. All throughout the life of the plant, the lower growth will die off. As the plant grows upward and the lower limbs receive less and less from the light and from the plant, they die. If you have this going on on your new growth, then you have problems. Getting in the right pH range for your water is only going to help the plant to take up nutrition better so it's good to do it. Don't be a super cheap pH meter and put any faith in it though. None of them I ever tried would give me a correct reading or last for more than a few days. If you want a good pH meter you can count on, get a BlueLab. If you can't afford one of those right now, you would be better off going with one of those pH tester drop kits than using the cheap pH testers. Not managing the pH usually won't kill your plants, it just keeps them from being the healthiest they can be and produce at the best rate they can. But unless this is happening up top, you're OK. To tell if your plant is healthy, you can basically go by it's overall foliage color. If it's that rich blue/green we associate with a nice plant, it's healthy. If your coloring of the foliage is off.....too dark green signifies nitrogen toxicity; going yellow usually signifies that it's hungry, etc., something is out of whack. And remember....nutrients are plant food and nothing more and LIGHT is responsible for the growth of the plant. Learn to tell if your plant is hungry and needs fed before giving nutrients. Too many new growers think that nutrients are the key to pounds per plant. But actually, with the indoor grow, it's all about lighting. The better the lighting (most especially during flower), the better outcome you get. Best of luck. TWW