bloom stimulator

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by arolf, Mar 7, 2012.

1. I'm thinking of buying this bloom stimulator

Overdrive - from Advanced Nutrients

Anyone know this product? is realy good or is just marketing?

if is not so good anyone know a better bloom stimulator that will increase my yield?

2. overdrive is used more to speed up the ripening process.

id go with dry koolbloom (1/4tsp per. gallon) if your looking for something along those lines.

3. Yea it supposed to be used the last two weeks of flower. If your going AN line they have so many different flowering enhances that they have to use. Just need to figure out what u want to pay for. I like the senzi grow an bloom a an b. it only 2 bottles an u don't need to mix 5-10 different bottles together

4. i decided against advance nutrients because well, you're paying for the name

it might be good for some people and the ph perfect stuff may be useful,

but you can save a lot of money buying something else that's just as effective

i highly doubt a beginner using AN will out perform an expert using a home made mix

5. [quote name='"Keep it rolling"']i decided against advance nutrients because well, you're paying for the name

it might be good for some people and the ph perfect stuff may be useful,

but you can save a lot of money buying something else that's just as effective

i highly doubt a beginner using AN will out perform an expert using a home made mix[/quote]

Yep. I use it for indoor with great results but for out door it would cost way touch. I feed over 200 gallons once a week. I would kill one of those 100 dollar bottles with one feed. Ask the guys at your local hydro store. Beware they will try to sell u their product though.

6. Here's what the site says:

+ FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
    + I USE YOUR BIG BUD WITH PH PERFECT CONNOISSEUR AND GET FANTASTIC RESULTS. SO WHY IS OVERDRIVE ALSO VERY USEFUL FOR ME?
    Big Bud is indeed a top-producing bloom booster and pH Pefect Connoisseur is a premium bloom base nutrients formula. But Overdrive still gives you even more. Our studies find that bloom phase has sub-phases during which very specific types and ratios of ingredients are required. For plants in their last 2-3 weeks of growth, the ingredients in Overdrive are more effective at increasing crop value than Big Bud, which is used earlier in bloom cycle.

+ I USE OVERDRIVE AND IT DID NOT INCREASE THE SIZE AS MUCH AS IT INCREASED THE POTENCY, AROMA AND TASTE. IS THIS A NORMAL THING, FOR IT TO INCREASE THE QUALITY OF THE CROP?
    In some crops, depending on genetics, crop environment, grower skill, and other nutrients being used, you might see both a crop size and a crop quality increase. In other situations, Overdrive will primarily increase the percentages of essential oils, aromatics and other value-adding compounds in your flowers.

+ WHAT ABOUT PH AND PPM WHEN I USE OVERDRIVE?
    If you are using Overdrive as part of our Bigger Yields System, you have no need to be concerned about pH and PPM. Just use Overdrive as directed- the System is configured to balance all formulas together to be at the ideal absorbability and strength. If you are using Overdrive without using the System, it can increase PPM by as much as 200 PPM, and you would need to monitor your nutrient strength accordingly.

+ DO I USE OVERDRIVE RIGHT UP UNTIL THE DAY I HARVEST?
    Overdrive works for you during the last third of your bloom phase, but you get tastier, higher quality crops if you stop all feeding several days before harvest and do a Final Phase flush.

Personally, the one time I didn't get enough Overdrive for my grow, I saw things go haywire. I always use it now.

7. Thanks a lot people already have different opinions and material to reach my own conclusion

GC rules :)