Blood donation.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Al XE the Bud, Oct 24, 2013.

1. I just discovered a crazy thing today. I donated blood for the first time in my life, overcoming my MASSIVE phobia of needles. Not as brave as it sounds, 'cause my aunt's mother-in-law, whom I love dearly, is hospitalized and needed urgently a platelet transfusion. That kind of shit tends to blow stupid fears away :p
    ANYWAY, I've been feeling quite meh for a couple of weeks due to the complete lack of weed. I mean not a toke. Zilch, nada, all that. But after I donated today I felt the exact kind of euphoria you get from a good bowl of Sativa, accompanied by a crazy adrenaline rush. I'm still like reeeally inexplicably happy right now, like I'm gonna poop rainbows any minute. :D
    Is this normal? Should I just go bleed myself to get high when weed's not available? :D

2. I think thats why they give you doughnuts or some shit for free afterwards... idk something to do with blood sugar. But hey don't be cutting yourself to get high! 

3. #3 Al XE the Bud, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2013
    Lolz of course not, I abhor pain. But I'm certainly donating some more as soon as I can!

PS: Yeah they did give me a pack of indecently sweet mango juice. Am I still on a crazy sugar rush then? :O

4. Go donate plasma, it saves peoples life's and they will pay you for your time ( usually like 30-50 bucks ) and go score some herbs with that money instead

On my local campus, our plasma center has everything from broke ass college kids to crack heads....they've seen it all 

5. I've donated both blood and plasma and neither has given me a sensation anywhere in the ballpark of weed. I've done it plenty of time too. One time I stood up after donating, took about four steps, then passed out. Kinda fun in the sense that I woke up on the floor like "wtf" with people standing around me. Luckily I think they caught me because I didn't get hurt at all.

Plasma doesn't even come close, it's basically just taking some water and protein out of your body. The only sensation you get there is feeling really cold from the inside out when they pump some saline in to replace the plasma. It is pretty handy for weed money though.

6. Euphoria as a symptom of mild hypovolemia, as opposed to the typical agitation or dysphoria? My guess at it. Your adrenaline rush is your sympathetic nervous compensating for blood loss, by increasing your heart's rate and force of contraction. The light look a little brighter than usual? Pupillary dilation, another effect of your sympathetic nervous system, your body's attempt to enable you to see better in a 'fight or flight' stress situation. And your body handles stress on your mind and stress on your body (such as mild blood loss) very similarly.

Happy you overcame your needle phobia OP. Certainly haven't felt high after giving blood or plasma myself, though I did get a little dizzy once or twice when I used to 'donate' plasma regularly, not the best source of supplemental income, especially if overdone. But if you get a buzz from it, just a bonus to a good deed right? ;) Most people rarely if ever donate blood, and many (like myself now) can't due to health issues, so good on you for doing so. The vampires thank you :D

7. Did it again, got euphoric again. Just under the three month mark, so I didn't tell 'em that lol. Strangely, a hit from a pot reduced the euphoria, but also got me higher than usual :smoking:
    And yeah, that's how I got me jollies this new year's :)

8. Saving someones life would make me pretty high