Blaze up and come on in! Share your high philosophies/ideas

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by Braves4590, Jul 29, 2010.

1. But in dream's we see things we cant even fathom, or things that don't exist. Now how hard is to believe you've created your own existence from nothing. And if you believe its possible, then how could it be on any other scale if its your reality.

2. 99.9% of living things on earth are extinct.

3. dude i feel ya i saw that movie smacked , greatest movie ever :) it made total sense to me when i was watching it

4. Oh and when i'm smacked i think life is just a game, and were all in the game to win. Like imo when we die our bodies are underground.. or in ashes. Our soul still lives on, cause you know when were born we all have a soul, but how did the baby get that soul? It didn't come out of the middle of nowhere. Everything has a reason

5. my thoughts are.. if there is no Heaven or Hell, what are we when we die? are we still conscious of our surroundings? do we know that we're dead?

ghosts are badass to think about too sometimes, if I'm high enough. how are you invisible, but able to speak? what makes a person invisible?

and how the FUCK do you explain this?

[​IMG]

ever since I saw Amityville Horror, this seemed pretty creepy to me.
    Amityville ghost revealed!

there's something in my mind that wants me to believe ghosts are real.

6. #46 Pola Bear, Jul 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2010
    Banks and money are retarded since money has no actual value. It is simply a representation for the upper class of the sum of the work done by the lower and middle class.
    For example $1 billion dollars in a bank actually represents x amount of production/services provided by a group of lower/middle class workers. In truth money is backed by the lower and middle class.
    It is the fact that we accept money as having value that gives money that value. In reality although 95% of money is controlled by one percent of the population, it is the other 99% of the population that gives it that value. Although the proletariat backs money, it isn't us proletariat that has the power. Because in our society money=power, it is that 1% that hold the power. At least that is what it looks like. If a majority of people refused to accept the current system it would rapidly fall apart. Money would become worthless and the power would shift to the majority. Of course the current systems convinces people that their lack of power/financial stability is due to things beyond their control. They see themselves as victims of circumstance. In reality the proletariat has the power they just don't know it because the classicism that is the inevitable result of capitalism teaches people to live a life of servitude. People become submissive to the political-economic system. They fail to see the forest through the trees. Rather than looking at the collective power of the proletariat, the people look only at their seemingly dismal circumstances. People continue to live from paycheck to paycheck; they always try to maintain what they have and possibly make a little more for themselves. It seems the American Dream has become just having a slow and steady life; not being a player in the political-economic world, and not worrying about personal and global success. People think "Oh, I might not have power but at least things are going alright for me." It seems inevitable that a capitalist society teaches people to be submissive by convincing them to just maintain what they have, to live up to the norm, rather then teaching them to make the most of themselves and their world as a whole.
    Capitalism isn't the enemy though. Its just that modern day capitalism sharply separates people by class. Much like the feudal systems of pre-renaissance Europe. Ideally capitalism would ensure that everyone is a player, that everyone has power, and everyone can succeed. Until the sharp contrast between classes in our society disappears, capitalism will just be classicism.

7. speaking of money, it's amazing how something as simple as a piece of paper can separate the rich from the poor.

8. #48 Pola Bear, Jul 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2010
    i like turtles?
    Edit: Lol sorry. Yeah dude or numbers that spontaneously appear in a banks database. Money created by the debt of the very people that give it value. Debt is a retarded concept too. I don't feel like elaborating though.

9. I didnt know what was wrong with the picture then I proceeded to shit bricks.

10. If I saw that shit in my house, I'd punch it in the face and proceed to severely sodomize its asshole. Lolz.

11. Lots of discussion of different states of being or existence after death in this thread....

I've come to the conclusion that the only existence I'm guaranteed is the life I'm living right now. I have no recollections of past lives, which isn't to say I haven't had any, just that I'm not aware of them. And as far as I know, when I die, that's it. I won't wake up in heaven or hell or some alternate dream level or anything like that...and I don't know if I'd want to. The thing about contemplating death is that no one can possibly know what, if anything, happens afterward. Shakespeare had it right:

Who would fardels bear,
    To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
    But that the dread of something after death,
    The undiscovered country, from whose bourn
    No traveller returns, puzzles the will,
    And makes us rather bear those ills we have
    Than fly to others that we know not of?
    Thus conscience does make cowards of us all...

:smoke:

12. i dont see anything wrong with this picture haha wtf?

13. omg i didnt either, look at the bottom of the stairs, the open door way.

14. It took me a sufficient ammount of time looking at that picture before I saw it, and I have to agree with the shitting bricks part.

After watching Inception I heard a few ideas about dreaming and our thought process. It's so complex no one can really understand it fully. So There is this theory that blew my mind; because your dreams are just your subconcious mind sorting your thoughts, what if when you are dying and you "see" heaven it is just your mind creating this image from collected data? An example of this would be when someone dies and is brought back through defibrilator, etc. They often claim to have been in this place resembling heaven; cloudy, big golden gates, angels wearing bright clothing with wings. but if you think about it, since we were children we all heard the same description of heaven that has been made up over time. We always hear about pearly gates, clouds, and angels, and then when we die and come back we have seen those exact descriptions. because of that, you have to wonder if it is just our mind creating that image from what we remember. perhaps your mind knows it is shutting down and so it sorts everything you know about death, which in turn causes you to have a dream about heaven.

15. Ive thought about that before and I think DMT is one of the craziest things on this planet. When I feel ready enough I want to order the stuff to make it and experience the crazy dreamstate ive heard about. Its only released when you dream and when you die.

16. me and my friends were baked and talking about life and shit. we watched stephen hawking videos and holy shiiiiiiiiiiit. its fucking brutal. like if were 2% smarter than what we originated from (monkeys, apes, etc) then the aliens who originated from us must be 2% smarter than the human race. us being 2% smarted from apes, look how much 2% of a difference that makes, apes sit there picking their buts and sniffing it. with that 2% more knowledge that we have we are a fully functioning race. so the aliens are 2% smarter than us, imagine what the fuck they have.

17. What I've been thinking about lately is how fucked up society is. I don't mean to sound like an anarchist or anything like that, but if your really think about it, why did this pattern of life start. Basically, what most people living in society today do is:
    1. Attend school for 12 years, learning MOSTLY things that we forget, only to get a "high school diploma" so we can attend college.
    2. Attend college for a certain number of years depending on what you want to do with your life.

And this is where I realize how useless school and college is. What are we trying to accomplish by going to school, working, and making money. Well things cost money so we have to work to make money for food. But why did this start? Why can't

And i have to stop here because i have NO CLUE where to go with this thought. I have a perfect picture in my head of why I think society is built all wrong but I can't exactly explain it. Shrooms, acid, and weed all contribute to these thoughts, and since I'm only baked right now I can't exactly explain what I'm thinking. Oh well, maybe my fellow blades can figure out what I'm trying to say?

18. I think I get where your coming from. I believe the thought you are having is why we have that system. If you are saying what I think you are saying, then it is because it all started with people trading. someone would have something that somebody else wanted and they would trade them for something else. That system is the only one that works in a society, it is how people sustain themselves. without this system people would simply steal, or kill one another to get what they wanted. A system where everything is shared sounds good on paper, but in practice you would see why it cant be that way.

19. With school they are trying to push the ideals of a hardworker. Not using your brain to get further, but to do your homework, fuck up on tests and quiz's and still pass. But you do the opposite and pass every test no problem, and don't do any homework, your fucked. But yet they push how important it is to do well on these tests.

20. What if everyone found out that marijuana was discovered by a homosexual? would that make homosexuals loved?