Blaze up and come on in! Share your high philosophies/ideas

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by Braves4590, Jul 29, 2010.

1. If they did good deeds just to get rewarded they might see good deeds are worth it and stick with being honest. Honesty is more a virtue than a deed but I suppose karma rewards virtue too so it would still be up to the individual to consciously choose to do good or bad knowing they had consequences right after. I know some people can handle more consequences than others, like me and suicide bombers:eek:JOKE, so it would be interesting to see how the world would be.

2. I've thought it facinating that only visible light is percieved by our brains, and how your pupils become dialated just like when you change the aperture width of your camera lens, our eyes let in more light when dialated, this may be nonsense, haha baked. interesting thread though. pardon any spelling errors, peace •__•

3. what if we are just a bunch of 0s and 1s. Our world is a giant simulation game. We are characters in a virtual word that an advanced alien civilization created. We are like the Sims to them.

4. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQmz6Rbpnu0]The girl who silenced the world for 5 minutes - YouTube[/ame]

5. What we perceive as "darkness" is just the receptors in our eyes not being stimulated. So what's ACTUALLY out there if not darkness?

6. Other light waves that are not visible, microwaves for example.

7. What are all the waves traveling through/in though?

8. Do flys have any predator instincts?

Because I know if you try and hit them they fly around in circles in the middle of the room, but even if you were just sitting there they would do it anyway.

Not really a concept, just something I was thing last night.

9. [quote name='"Smokey McPott"']Do flys have any predator instincts?

Because I know if you try and hit them they fly around in circles in the middle of the room, but even if you were just sitting there they would do it anyway.

Not really a concept, just something I was thing last night.[/quote]

They have the ability to cloak themselves.

10. I'm no expert in physics/ cosmology, but I believe space is a vacuum. Look up these things they're interesting. So basically, you can't hear sounds in space without special equipment. Also waves are like vorteces, not actually like their 2d models. They are more like helixes, like dna, although dna is a doulble helix that basically spiral anti parallel with one another. :confused:

11. [quote name='"H4Boxer"']

They have the ability to cloak themselves.[/quote]

What?!

12. My body is my last chance. I am responsible for it's health.

13. I think about this kind of stuff if I'm alone and high. The Big Picture kind of stuff. I'm trying to better my all around understanding of science because I find myself thinking about very complex questions about existence.

For example, I wonder if our thoughts exist on a plane we cannot physically perceive within the neurophysics of our brains. I wonder if there is a physics to thoughts perhaps?

I'm sorry if you don't understand what I'm trying to say. lol.

14. The fact that protons and electrons jump from one universe to another seamlessly. And that there may be another scientist (located in another universe) asking where there goin when their visible in our universe. Shit is mind... blowing!

Look up: What the Bleep Do We Know on Netflix for more info

15. what if the seconds are constantly becoming shorter but with so little that we dont notice it and thats why the older we get the more fast the time passes

16. I think theoretically all we are is memories. I mean every single second literally only last one second. So it almost instantly becomes a memory... without memory life would be meaningless.

17. brace yourself guys, If a sheep is called a sheep but a group of sheep is called sheep, then why is one sheep not called something different? shoop?.

18. So this has been fucking with me for the past week or so...
    We have a conscious sense of our body. Our minds make us feel like we are separate from the rest of the world around us because we have a sense of feeling that distinguishes us from anything else. But where does this sense come from? How can our mind generate that feeling?

19. [quote name='"quietlife"']brace yourself guys, If a sheep is called a sheep but a group of sheep is called sheep, then why is one sheep not called something different? shoop?.[/quote]

Most likely one would be called a shep and shep is actually present in the word shepherd. Apparently people must've just preferred the long e sound? lol

20. Ive done some deep thinking of this in the past and what i eventually came to was that god is a part all of us, when he created the earth he sacrificed himself to give us life and therefore a part of him is in everybodys soul. This made sooo much more sense back in the day my bad I cant put my thoughts into words haha