Blatant disrespect americans show for canadians

Discussion in 'General' started by 4Sheezy, May 23, 2011.

1. I was watching hockey yesterday, the Vancouver-San Jose game, and when it started they went to play the national anthems of both countries, with Canadas being first. When they announced it, and then started to sing, the fans started booing. Just horrible to show a nation that's supposed to be your brother in trades and arms that kind of disrespect.

They started cheering like crazy when the American national anthem started, but the funniest thing is San Jose has more Canadian players on their roster, then Vancouver.

This isn't the first time I've noticed stuff like this, what with the many comments I alone see on GC, so thought I would gather a few more opinions on the matter.

2. You were at a sporting event, what do you expect? The most intelligent and respectable human beings don't show up there. ;)

3. Watched it on TV. If you look around the forums man you'll see it in all areas.

4. Some patriots carry a nation's arrogance on a single set of shoulders.

I honestly don't know what to tell you, boss, other than to apologize ): I've never understood why Canada is such a big joke to America.

5. i see it both ways, constantly. i have a many close friends who live in canada. it's like brothers getting in a fight, but in the end we love each other.

6. I nominate this for the most hypocritical thread of 2011. Every where I turn it seems Canadians are saying how stupid, dumb, ignorant, fat and disgusting, <insert insult here> Americans are. So uhh...fuck off?

7. I think we classify things on a different scale, you and I. Booing a national anthem, insulting a military, to calling someone dumb and fat, trumps in my book. Although I am not saying either are right. Please treat me with respect as I have treated you with nothing but. This fuck off nonsense isn't needed and will turn the thread negative fast.

Mind providing examples? I'm not saying I don't believe you, just to what extent on both sides.

8. Both are broad generalizations/stereotypes that aren't true of all Americans or Canadians. When you say that an entire country is ignorant...you're stupid. When you boo someones national anthem/insult their military...you're stupid (unless that military seriously did something to your country which in this case, no you guys didn't). Not every canadian is so stupid as to think all or even most americans are fat and lazy just like not every American or even most go around booing other peoples military. Also keep in mind people at sporting events are usually heavily intoxicated. So it seems like you have a problem with stupid, not Americans.

9. Get uuuuut of here.

10. I have seen it a lot more lately, which is why I created the thread. In your words it would be the stupid are amassing and coming to light on a much more constant basis lol.

11. As Ron White said, "You can't fix stupid."

12. Smart people statistically procreate at a much slower rate than dumb/stupid people. This is true in America, Canada, Europe, Asia, etc..

13. I think it honestly just struck a nerve considering we're fighting a war that America asked us, which we wanted no part of at first, and then to see our nation anthem get booed was just, ugh. Although comical your posts have weight to them.

14. America just has a lot of assholes.

15. Hey man, take it up with your government. We in America are too busy starting a revolution to be worrying about annoying sports fans. Maybe start a revolution yourselves? The people are the backbone of every government. The second you guys start making noise your voices will be heard and if you stay consistent your demands will be met.

16. We've accepted the war, our role is diminishing greatly, the issue is with us being allies in the war and America booing Canada's national anthem. Don't turn this into politics.

17. This thread was political from the beginning. The second you start talking about relations between two different countries you're talking international relations, a political science topic... :rolleyes:

18. You know what I meant man, the politics involving the war, I mentioned it just as we are great trade allies. Let me steal a video someone posted in a different thread.

19. This. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV_041oYDjg&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - ‪Tom Brokaw Explains Canada To Americans‬‏[/ame]

20. Nice video, I learned a few things. Hey man I love you guys... I just hate obnoxious drunk people at sporting events;) Canadians are so chill though man and Canada just has some good vibes. I went to Vancouver once and at 1:30am in the morning there was beautiful women walking the streets ALONE, something unheard of here in the LA area (well, unless they're "working", in which case they're usually not beautiful). But no matter how obnoxious some of my fellow Americans may be, I will defend to the death their right to be it.