Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bladder problem Marijuana related?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Deleted member 348622, Sep 27, 2011.

1. I've been having these bladder problems recently that consists of constant/frequent urges to urinate. The doctor did a Urine culture and found that I had some sort of UTI but I've gone through my entire cycle and I still have this urge to urinate all the time. Now I read on a site that Marijuana can sometimes lead to Polyuria...and the last time I toked was a few days ago. Anyone else have similar problems or think it may be associated?

2. When I smoke I notice I go more frequently, but same goes for when I have an alcoholic drink or two.

3. but I'm talking like I'll urinate and by the time I sit back down I feel like I have to go again...sometimes nothing comes out...it really sucks

4. [quote name='"username823"']but I'm talking like I'll urinate and by the time I sit back down I feel like I have to go again...sometimes nothing comes out...it really sucks[/quote]

I feel you totally, sometimes I'll go and I'll feel like I still have to go but nothing so I stand and wait forever but I never get satisfaction... It really does suck but as I said it's only occured for me a few times

5. strange..I have the opposite experience

I usually can't make it 2 hours without a pee break
    that doubles when I'm baked

6. Are you making sure you're hydrated? I know drinking more water seems like the opposite of what you want, but being dehydrated can make you feel like you need to go when there's nothing there. I've been through similar things due to pregnancies (and I tend to go more when I'm on my period too), but it helps if I try to ignore the urge when I know I don't really need to go. It trains my body to go longer in between bathroom trips.

I would think that marijuana would have the opposite effect on you though. It's supposed to help with muscle contractions and nerve spasms, which are things that can lead to frequent urination. I'm not sure why it would effect anyone the other way. I would have to do some more reading about that.

7. I have that problem when I'm high. What can you do man, it happens to the best of us!:)

8. While MJ certainly didn't CAUSE your UTI, I find that it does seem to give me the urge to urinate more frequently.

I don't know how much, if any, research has been done with regards to cannabis' effect on the urinary tract. But as others have suggested, stay hydrated, that seems to help with...everything.

Good luck!