blackmarket will die

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by weedforum123, Jul 25, 2018.

1. I grew weed when 10 plant's would get you 10 years, why would I quit now

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Wow I can’t believe this was only written a month ago. I figured it was an old post like 8 years old. Not sure where your from but here in Oregon the black market is booming 17k pounds found in packages at the post office last year, feds with concerns, DA looking into illegal grows etc.
    I know growers that sell zips for 45-60$. Black market isn’t going anywhere as far as I can see.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. I agree. It’s called connoisseurs, collectors, and traders. The liquor store doesn’t always have the rare genetics. Small batch organic trade groups will grow as legalization spreads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. I agree with you on the black market not going anywhere i know a peron who gets from legal growers the excess they dont sell to dispensaries in a completely legal state and they dont charge that person a penny they do split whatever he makes on it 50/50 though. Hence people like that will keep the black market alive

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ya cant get the strains I want in most dispensaries.

6. True so grow and produce your own

7. Most pot smokers start at a young age. I'm sure teenagers will be fueling the black market for years to come

8. Unlikely. Actually, a really disingenuous assumption. Growing weed is either a livelihood or a hobby, depending on your motivation. There is little money and high risk selling it to kids. There will always be stupid people doing this shyt, but any notion of it supporting a thriving black market is just ridiculous. I see kids waiting near dispensaries to get their diverted weed from an older buyer all the time - just the same way they always have and always will get their alcohol - from an adult who buys it for them.

9. I can see this happening, if it gets legalized here...in my State...
    A LOT of NEW smokers will join the crowd,
    A LOT of OLD smokers will come out of the closet...
    People will talk about it more openly,
    Sooner or later, everyone will know SOMEONE who knows someone,who is growing it...
    And people are gonna buy it with the same attitude that they have for shopping already...
    You'll have the 'Pretty People' shopping the expensive stores (dispensaries),
    But there will be no shortage of 'Walmart Shoppers' around, to support the 'bootleggers'

10. #30 old shol4evr, Sep 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
    delete

11. black market still exists in maine, although its not quite as strong in financial terms as it was before legalization.