blackmarket will die

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by weedforum123, Jul 25, 2018.

1. #1 weedforum123, Jul 25, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    EDIT: Nevermind

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. I think there will always be a "black market". There's some shit you can get down the street that they don't have at the club. Growers don't seem to be going anywhere;)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. My state is legal, and has been medical for a very, very long time. It has not done much to the "Black Market".

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. #4 weedforum123, Jul 25, 2018

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. I think while new users of cannabis will not go to the black market since they haven't in the past, the people who have been for years will continue to do so if they have a solid connect with good prices and good quality. Currently, the medical cannabis in my state is roughly $400 an ounce, nearly double street price. And talking about guys lacing their shit with K2? That isn't happening, especially if you are going to the same people you have gone to for years, which is the case of many cannabis users. If dispensaries can up their quality and lower their prices to match or beat the black market, that will be the only time the black market starts taking a big hit.

As far as edibles go, I think that is silly as well. Kids can easily get their hands on a bottle of draino or other horrible shit every day if it is left in an irresponsible spot. If you are an adult cannabis user who eats edibles, keep that shit like a gun and lock it up so your kids can't get to it. That is just being a responsible adult, and if adults wants to enjoy their cannabis in an edible form rather than smoking or vaporizing, they should be more than welcome to. No reason to take away edibles from responsible adults from a few who can't keep their shit away from their kids and dogs.

I agree not smoking around kids, but I'm not kicking my dog out of my room every time I smoke a bong pack, that seems way overkill to me.

The smoking and driving thing is being beaten to death already, it is the number one argument used by anti-legalization groups to not allow legal cannabis, that there is no reliable test to tell if someone is impaired on cannabis. But I'll take a stoned driver over a driver texting any day of the week

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. If you think legal marijuana will kill the black market, you either haven’t been paying attention, or you’re nuts.

The only way that happens is full legalization with no restraints or taxes.

In order to be legal, there is so much red tape and fees to follow, the price is set accordingly. Black market growers can charge half what legal growers do because there is no bureaucracy.

It’s like cash contractors with no insurance or advertising charging thousands less than legit insured and licensed contractors. Overhead directly affects pricing, and legal commercial grows aren’t putting out any better quality than some of the more experienced black market guys.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. #7 BrewsnWeed666, Jul 25, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2018
    God damn Billy do you not read the rules before you join sites?? You've posted a video of people over dosing & you're talking about other drugs...

I've reported yo ass.

This thread is stupid they'll always be a black market for drugs.

• Agree Agree x 2

8. Doesn't matter what fines they give you people are always gonna deal lol, it's easy money at the end of the day isn't it..

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. There are more people growing now than ever, people that aren't selling you dispensaries. I'm sure some growers keep everything they grow or possibly either hook up their friends and family or give it to them. Everyone else is probably selling it in some form in the end. I don't think black market weed is going anywhere. As things becoming legal in more states, that's just more people gonna grow. I'd certainly try to grow my own if it were legal here. And then I'd probably sell some of it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. There's little incentive to home-grow, when super-dank inexpensive bud is available with a 10-minute stop at a dispensary. It's a simple risk-reward equation - same with black market. Every individual makes their choice based on a personal risk-reward evaluation. Of course there will people doing it as a hobby and to be in complete control of their medication. But they are the exception - not the rule.

The key word in black market is "market." Illegal can never compete with legal, regardless of taxes or anything else. The risk-reward factor is not there unless prices remain artificially high. Prices go down in a free market - simple economics.

• Like Like x 1
  11. In states where home grow is legal I think there is plenty of incentive, grow the exact strains you want, trade genetics with other growers, and enjoying the process of growing your own cannabis and improving on techniques. If it was legal to grow in my state I would be getting started day 1. My states dispensary bud is also not super top quality and about $100 per quarter oz. No home grow in NJ right now but I hope that changes in the future. And with the taxes on legal cannabis in many states, it could be very affordable to just grow your own after you get a few harvests under your belt.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Legal weed is for the middle class and up. It's heavily taxed everywhere it's been made legal. If the Fed ever decides to end prohibition, it will be done only to get their piece of the action too. All the taxes and regulations on business will keep legal prices relatively high in comparison to black market, making it legal for those that can afford it, illegal for the poor who go to the cheaper black market.

The only way the black market truly shrinks is allowing anyone who wants to grow, grow. Set a personal like and let them sell the rest to dispensaries... But that will never happen at a national level.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. #13 weedforum123, Jul 27, 2018

14. You and your friends sound like real pieces of shit. I have also never come anywhere near a gang member to get cannabis.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Same.

16. Nope the dispensaries will die.
    We love our Black Market heroes too much.
    Those hedge fund managers and anti-PotHeads don't deserve a penny.
    DSC01098.JPG

Our town will be a sanctuary city for pot.. If Doug wins

17. #17 weedforum123, Aug 6, 2018

18. That's how industry/gov/economics works - everybody gets their piece of the pie. My favorite CBD strain has been going for $20/oz, here in Colorado. The only thing keeping prices artificially high is prohibition. Home growing will be right alongside home brewing soon. But guess where 99% of all the beer drank comes from?

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. My thoughts about the Canuck legacy of LPs, in graphic animation:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. I for one will never buy pot from any LP or gov't outlet. I've bought a bit from dispensaries when I was out in BC visiting but just to see what they had to offer. Have spent a total of around $200.

I've been growing pot longer than a lot of members here have been alive but never tried to profit from it. Just a hobby that keeps me in a good supply of nearly free pot.

From the couple of times I've had a toke of friend's black market crap I'm glad I grow my own. Tastes toxic but knocks you on your ass and that's what the sheeple seem to like. I need a better class of friends. :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1