Blackberries and broccoli

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by dickens cider, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Have like no calories, and are completely delicious. Seriously: I eat them bitches all day long. Sometimes broccoli by itself gets boring so I pan fry it with 1/2 tbsp of canola oil, salt, onion powder, and other randoms.

Highly recommend for fatties who feel hungry all the time. I fucking dare you to eat 200 calories of broccoli or blackberries. It's tough to do.

And I know what you're thinking: "Dickens cider must take awesome dumps from the fiber." Yep. He does. It's like a weighty, smooth, perfect loaf that shoots out regularly, and with serious girth.

Eat broccoli and blackberries.

2. Asparagus is another nutrient dense food with low calories. Actually, any veggies are hard to eat too much of. I lost a lot of weight just by eating the 10 recommended servings of fruits and veggies every day. It's not that hard with a smoothie for breakfast, salad for lunch, and veggies with dinner.

3. celery is were it's at :cool:
    I'm having broccoli/cauliflower mix with dinner. Its the steam pouch kind, in 3.5 cups there's like 70 calories

4. Fruits and vegetables have long been known to help reduce the risk of certain cancers. Based on prior research, the American Cancer Society recommends eating five servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
    In the first study, Ohio State University researchers found black raspberries may protect against esophageal cancer by reducing the oxidative stress that results from Barrett's esophagus, a precancerous condition usually caused by gastroesophageal reflux disease. The esophagus is a long tube that connects the throat to the stomach. Reflux disease causes stomach acid to continually splash back up into the esophagus.
    "Specifically in the case of Barrett's patients, reflux of the stomach and bile acid contribute to ongoing oxidative damage. Thus, our hypothesis is that feeding a food that is high in potential protective constituents, such as antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and other phytochemicals, may help restore the oxidative balance," lead researcher Laura Kresty said.

5. I munch on fresh fruits and veggies all day. Way better than processed shit imo. I'd say one of the best things to eat (especially high) is an orange. I make orange eating look like an art.

6. blueberries are my favorite fruit to eat... but for veggies i like carrots and celery the best.

fruit and vegetables are my favorite for sure!

7. Legumes are a under appreciated super food i think. I eat a can of kidney beans raw everyday and it provides damn near all the fiber i need, a boatload of protein (a little over 20 grams a can), important carbs and I feel nice and full afterwards! great with any hot sauce or bbq sauce, my favorite is raw though. cheap as well!

8. ITT: people who eat better than me

9. Lol... legumes.