Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Black weed or mold

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by somer, Apr 13, 2013.

1. I just come across some black weed, its pitch black on the outside when you open it an hold it in the light it looks like it could be a very deep dark purple, it really don't have a smell maybe a little earthy, its dry an compressed, i'm worried it could be mold or something, i have been smoking daily for 8 yrs an have never even heard of black weed. Someone told me to hold it under a black light an if its mold it would glow, it didnt but i noticed my bathroom really needs to be cleaned lol

Attached Files:

• bud1.jpg
      bud1.jpg
      File size:
      201.7 KB
      Views:
    • bud2.jpg
      bud2.jpg
      File size:
      192.7 KB
      Views:
  2. It looks like shitty grown weed, I've had stuff like that before.

3. i smoked a blunt an must say i got very high almost as if it was compressed kush maybe but i'm worried i could get sick from it

4. Looks like purps to me, if you got high then good find

5. tear the nug open at a black spot, mold on weed will usually be silky fibers, almost like a spider web, or sometimes it can be like very DENSE hair (and i mean VERY dense). Probably not mold though probably just grown strangely

6. when i break it open it looks like it very denise deep dark purple i dont see any web like but i have no clue lol

7. on the inside it looks like alot of crystals ive never seen crystals like this there hugh, but i also have never got anything this dark

8. You have some grimy looking purps smoke it youll be fine

9. ok thanks i did smoke it lol an yet to die so must be alright

10. ...It's obviously purple, and you obviously don' smoked yourself stupid. Mold has a pretty distinct smell and look to it. Haven't you ever seen moldy fruit, bread, milk, the black mold that grows in bathrooms?

11. it looks very dark..but not moldy. you should really crack it open like everyone is saying. mold would have a dark to light brownish color..it will looks like this.

[​IMG]

12. no i have not smoked myself stupid, it's a justifiable question since i bought the stuff for $20 for 5 grams an never in my 8 yrs of smoking have i ever seen anything like it, thanks for trying to be insultful :) an thanks everyone for the great knowledge an insight.

13. It's just purple tinted weed that wasn't quite dried and cured properly.

14. Purple Kush

15. Looks like tree bark.

16. The reason it's like that (I believe, because I've had weed like that before and thought the same) after it was harvested and dryed it was put in the freezer to condense and make it crystally due to any water in it.

17. #18 stonerKittyKat, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2015
    Okay I got this weed from my brother & he had dropped it into some water it do have black spots, and some fuz white stuff but doesn't look like mode but I can't tell if it is or not I know it at least been wet for a day or so . Please help.

18. definitely mold... see all the white dots? those really don't look like trichs to me. And buds infected with mold go from pink to purple to black usually

19. I've seen pictures of bud that was "water cured" and it looked exactly like that. It could also be some purple brick weed.