black tips on leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by pure1, Jun 22, 2012.

1. any idea on what sort of deficiency would this be? My ph is a little high if that helps any

and are those female hairs?

and the black specs are soil

thank you

Attached Files:

2. Looks like a possable humidity issue check your relitive humidity around the plants migh be too low.if so give the plants alittle fine mist on the leaves.

3. Oh also if that brown starts to move up the leaves starting with yellow you might be over feeding and the lights may be tooo close.but thats an only if

4. thanks man, but i've been fixing it, i've turned off my a/c and cracked my window, and they are much moister, can't be split in half by bending it.

i was thinking ph problem, but im giving them 6.0-7.0 ph..

5. [quote name='"pure1"']thanks man, but i've been fixing it, i've turned off my a/c and cracked my window, and they are much moister, can't be split in half by bending it.

i was thinking ph problem, but im giving them 6.0-7.0 ph..[/quote]

Hi ph should run between 5.7-6.2 any higher than that and ur heading into the acidity scale and that will make ur smoke harsher. Hope this helps. :)

6. That ph range is not terrable in soil medium.Worse for hydro.ph might not be your prob although i'm not exactly sure what your prob is.are your new leaves showing this?

7. Not on the big ones, but the ones about an 1 1/2" are, the newest ones aren't.

crossing my fingers

8. Keep us posted .

also if anyone has some solid ph advice that would be wicked for everyone who stops by this thread

9. I adjusted pH, increased humidity and nutes:

watchya think? :p

and do you believe these are females?

Attached Files:

10. I think that your plant likes your adjustments and is responding with new lush green growth :cool:

That one skinny tip of an emerging leaf caught my eye, but it isn't white. At this point, the sex can be better determined by flipping a coin and calling it in the air.

11. Looks great man

12. Pre flowers are usually between a branch and the stem .when ya planning on topping those?

13. can i do that in flowering? i heard to get all cutting done during veg

14. Most people decide to top at the fourth node in veg usually the first cut you make.I top when their at about 6 to8 inches high.but only if the plant is growing well which yours seem to be.alll up to your prefrences in hight in the end.remember in flowering some plants stack on another half or even double in size.if you got the room grow crazy