Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Black stuff on weed. What is it?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Wizpegetti, Dec 18, 2015.

1. #1 Wizpegetti, Dec 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2015
    So today I bought some weed of a relatively reliable dealer, who my friends told me about and said his weed was top shelf, but when I checked it it came back looking like tar had been spread all through it, it looks a part of the weed but I have never seen it before. Can anyone tell me what it is? Is it harmful? Any comments would be helpful thanks

Attached Files:

2. Sorry, mate, I can see what you're talking about, but no idea what it is. Could it just be trichomes that got smashed up? Can you separate the offending portions? Your picture was pretty blurry when I enlarged it, but I probably still wouldn't know what it was.

3. It comes apart and just looks like normal dark bud, doesnt smell any different but some nugs are completely tar free. Could it just be slightly damp which has changed the colour?
    Will probably smoke a bit tomorrow and see how it goes

4. #4 budiskindamything, Dec 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2015
    [​IMG]sorry man. I have no idea, but I'd guess maybe it's resin. Try surfing the web

5. Mold can be black....just saying

6. looks like a color change... like some buds are bred to have purple colors and dark green to black too. or just that it could of gotten cold shock or something to to do with the cold or genetics