Black Spots?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Shelves, Jun 4, 2009.

1. My plant is about 2 weeks old now, and has black spots on some of it's leaves. Can somebody tell me what this is and how to cure it. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. What type of medium; soil or hydro? Soil
    What brand and type of soil? Mirical grow planting mix
    Indoors or outdoors? INdoors
    What strain? Bag seed
    How old are the plants? 2 weeks
    What type of lights and how many watts? 1 20watt CFL
    How far from the lights? 3 intches
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? Distilled sprayed daily
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? I use coffee grounds and egg shells
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? 85 day 75-80 night
    What size pots? 1 gallon
    Any bugs? Look real close. A few small fly looking things
    Any other pertinent info? I think thats about it

3. ok on that setup im building one similar.. Can i use alluim foil? or is that diffrent stuff?

4. #5 TooSober, Jun 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2009
    ^^^
    Wow... what a thread thief! LOL

As far as yer plant.. It seems QUITE unhappy with your set up, and honestly, I would be too if I was your plant. :(

Its streched trying to reach some light, (VERY little light there is). Looks like you have foil in there as well. Prolly not the best choice, if yer tight on funds, or maybe dont have the best access to supplies, use white paint, or even contact paper. Just not the foil.
    Not sure, but LOOKS like the open side of yer box in the pics, is prolly completely covered with no ventilation. Too stuffy in there. Not sure what your "fly looking things" are, but if yer POOR child is already unhappy, any bugs are bad bugs.

EDIT:
    Oh yeah, and spraying it is prolly just cooking the leaves in that "oven".

My opinion.. scrap it.. Put a lil more effort into your "grow box", then try again..

I feel sad just looking at the poor plant. :(

5. In my humble opinion, Sober hit the nail right on the head......there's certainly nothing wrong with a small simple grow set-up, but it has to have certain elements. Nothing says it has to be pricey either. Flat white on the walls, a few decent CFLs, and some ventilation will get you started. Invest in some basic fertilizer, something higher in nitrogen than the other two elements, at least during the veg stage. The eggshells and coffee grounds isn't gonna give it enough nutrients. Add fertilizer at 1/3 strength about every 7-10 days. Drop your lights down closer (3-4" away) for a couple of weeks to stop the plants from stretching. At that point, you can leave them close if you want the plant to stay short and bushy or move them back up higher to cause more upward growth. Browse through the various threads and you will pick up more info and tips. Good luck and come back if you have further questions.:)

6. Thanks for the help guys. I'll loose the foil and put some paint in there. I believe what happened was I had to move my plant to a more discrete location for a party I was having and I sprayed the plant itself with water and threw it under a light with no fan so I did cook it a little but it seems to be doing better now that it's back in it's home.

7. OK I did away with the foil, hung some drywall painted it white and threw up some computer paper for the other side. My shelf grow has gone white.

Attached Files:

8. Your plant looks overwatered. Allow the soil to completely dry out before watering. Get a fan in there if you don't already have one.

9. Yeah I though that as well. I just transplanted it into that pot; it was in a quart size pot. There is a fan in there so air circulation is good. Thanks for your advise though.

10. Ah, I see the fan in the picture now. Good luck!