Black light to see in grow room??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by aceofmase, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Hey guys,

Do you think a blacklight would make a good light to use while working in a growroom during the dark phase?

I've found a lot of posts over the use of blacklights for growing (which seems like they don't work) but none explaining whether or not they will affect plants during the dark phase.

Any ideas out there?

2. get a green light bulb . the green light will not affect the plants photo-period like a black light will. the black light is used in marijuana growing for the uv rays. some say it increases potency .

3. So would a green cfl bulb work ok then?

4. like a party light or whatever they're called?

5. I just use my phone screen lol

6. Do NOT use a black light during dark period. Just because we call it "black" doesn't mean it is actually "black" light (in fact there's no such thing, black is the absence of light).

And do NOT use a green bulb. There is controversy as to whether plants can see green light, but putting that aside -- a green party bulb puts out more colors than green, it is not a green light. For true green light you need a laser or possibly a LED depending on frequency.

Even better: forget any notion of fiddling with your plants during the dark cycle. During 12/12 you have 12 hours every day of light, tend to your plants then. You can adjust the plant's light cycle so that the lights-on time is convenient for you. If you want to avoid hermies then leave the dark dark.

7. Cool, thanks for the reply.