black fly problem

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tokingbuffalo, Mar 16, 2007.

1. recently, one fly got into my grow room. it seems to have spawned new ones cause every time i open the closet door, theres a swarm of them. they dont seem to be affecting the plants however they are annoying. anybody have any advice?

2. I've seen those before, nasty buggers. True, I've never seen them hurt the plant, but I know they aren't in there spreading good cheer, either.

Try old-fashioned fly paper, the sticky stuff.

3. Do as toasty says or try a plate or bowl and fill it with dish-soapy water and put it in the room.

4. i'll try the dish water first and if that doesnt work ill go buy some flypaper. thanks dudes

5. i've tried the soapy water thing for bees before, it works ok. but it will work alot better if you add something sweet to the mix to attract the flyes...i'm pretty sure that all insects are attracted to sweet things not just bees...i just used a packet of poweder cool aid for like 25 cents and soap and water. but since they are not hurting the plants, you don't have to be worried about taking care of it right away, get a venus flytrap, it would be cool to see.

6. What kind of flys are they small and black and live in the soil or was it a house fly?