Bitcoins

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by grimtoker, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Does anyone here mine Bitcoins, or use the currency?

2. I am actually started to investigate further about bitcoins. Still a question for me , if you have more details , please share with us.

3. It was at $36 earlier. I should have invested when I had the golden opportunity at $3 per BTC. Someone should give me some for free :b

4. i have like 20 right now.

but not mining.

fuck that shit.

5. How did you acquire them? I find mining takes too long. I need a better GPU

6. its called the deepweb my friend and its becoming more and more known every day.

and there are sites online where you can buy and sell stuff for bitcoins.

thats how i got mine.

7. #8 Shipwreck, Jun 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2011
    Every time I read about bitcoins it reminds me that this is the new form of currency that we will use for the future.
    Paper money has no value anymore so people will learn about Bitcoins/artificial currency.

Damn I wonder what we're going to be next.

Think about it:
    People are choosing this artificial currency over real money because it's easier to get/is fair.
    The feds aren't going to sit still for much longer and will try EVERYTHING to get rid of Bitcoins.

They'll probably drop a "You cannot create currency blah blah blah."
    People will reply "What about the Federal reserve?"
    People will continue to use new ways to sidestep the government.

The dollar falls flat due to hardships between America and China.

Bitcoin/artificial currency takes place of old currency (Dollar bills/coins)

Revolution.

8. i signed up for A.F'S forum/store through the tor browser didnt do anything but look around and had the cops in my driveway 3 hours later. and have had nothing but problems with my pc since. i dont think i would trust very many of those sites

9. This whole thing sounds like youre using your computer to dig into the unmade internet.
    Well that's what I'm thinking lol.

I'm hiiiiiigh.

10. can someone explain, like what the fuck is a bitcoin? like 1 bitcoin is just the number 1 in your wallet? What makes a bitcoin a bitcoin. Like how does it exist.

Is it just numbers?

11. Sounds familiar eh?

12. ye but at least the banks give out bank notes so we have something material to know it exists.

( i think thats what you're applying, otherwise i have no fuckin clue)

13. Welcome to the Digital Frontier. But I do see what your saying, I like holding money, essentially someone could make an app on your phone for a bitcoin wallet, or even a little pager style counter. But as an investor in foreign currencies I am used to owning money I cant see, buying bitcoin is an investment just like buying yen or Canadian money, except we dont have to rely on mint factories to print physical money, and it solves the problem of forfeiting money (unless your some kind of hacker), and I think it's easier to control. The idea of physical money is nice, but the medium is not the importance I guess is what im trying to say.

14. It's all about encryption and the future. BTC may not become the global currency anytime soon, BUT something will. BTC might be too complicated for the average normal to understand. Shit I'm not sure I even understand it - I mean I get what they are, but what I don't get is the technical process for buying and selling.

But it is damn cool

reminds me a lot of Neal Stephenson's work, especially parts of "Snow Crash" and "Cryptonomicon"

15. Basically one of these dollars are worth about $30 USD right now. It's crazy how something with nothing backing it can be worth so much.

16. Yeap, and there is only a set amount of bitcoins in circulation. They do not plan to make more than whatever amount they set. Which is a type of currency that appeals to many people, especially americans that are sick of the us dollar losing it's value because we print so much of it. Quite ingenious I must say.

17. It's because the way it is designed specifically makes it extremely difficult for governments to stop. That's why it is going to be key in a paradigm shift in human consciousness, I made a thread on it in the spirituality section where I usually reside. :smoke:

18. #19 Shipwreck, Jun 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2011
    I'm still not exactly sure on this whole "Deep web" thing.
    It kinda reminds me of the Matrix to be honest lol.

19. It is pretty much useless. Even my quadcore setup only generates 4500Khash/s