Bitchy Mom

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Leafin, Jun 5, 2013.

1. sup gc

how do you deal with a bitchy mom. I live with my mom (not by choice) long story. anyway, I'm here and have no job and just chill at home but have been trying to get a job. anyway, my mom is a complete uptight person I can barely have a conversation with her without her getting pissed. it sucks living in this type of situation (it is only me and her). I've tried to sit down with her to have calm talks before, but she never sits. Instead she will get up and start freakin' cleaning while you try to talk. She has FOUR dogs too that she babies. Anyone have any advice? 

2. Sounds like you need to move out as soon as possible

3. Yeah. I'm doing the best I can.  :confused_2:

4. I've been in a similar situation. It's always best just to keep your head down and show that you're making an effort to get a job so you can leave and help out while you live there. If she starts to argue try not to escalate the situation by arguing back because she can always kick you out, I learned that one the hard way.

5. Yeah. I feel you. Thanks for the input.

6. My mom is insane. I try and just suck it up and not say anything but it gets to the point where enough is enough.

If you try and sit down and tell your mom how you feel, good for you. Unfortunately once parents reach a certain age, it's hard for them to change.

So you can try and sit down and talk to her and try to get a job and move out as soon as possible.

If that doesn't work, respect her house and shut up.

7. Yeah. You must know how it feels though being very careful with what you say!

8. #8 ByePhilipe, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
    I did for a long time. Then I grew up. The last I said to my mother was that she's a lonely, evil bitch that no one wants to be around.

Mostly because it's true. It might sound harsh but *sings* You can't change the way you feel. I could never do that. I could never do that. *end song*

9. Ha. I mean I am pretty grown up. I've told her a lot of stuff, but she dismisses a lot of it. What can ya do

10. haha my mom is pretty crazy too, shes an alcoholic and is never without a drink by her side. shes also a bit of a crazy cat lady and babies the cats like they actually understand what shes saying or something. i just try and avoid her but its hard in a small house, only peace i get is when she goes to work for 8 hours.

11. This thread is my entire childhood.