Biotech

Discussion in 'General' started by TooSicKs, Jul 9, 2003.

?

Biotech will:

1. Save the world! With Biotech we can grow enough low cost crops to keep everyone fat dumb and happy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Kill the world. It's un/intentional effects will kill us. We are being force fed shit.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not matter, beacuse I'm too dumb to care and I got the munchies.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Personally it pisses me off to no fuckin' end. Yeah it sucks weed is illegal, that irks me, and yes, every aspect of our lives as american citizens are overshadowed by big brother, that also is an irritation but,,,,

IMO,,,,

BIOTECH IS ROYALLY FUCKING PISSING ME OFF!!!

AS of last count (and it wasn't easy to get that caount because, well, capitalists are lying fucks who don't care what the fuck they do asl ong as it puts another dollar in their bank account that they'll never use except as a status symbol anyways) approxiamtely 70% of crops such as corn and soy are Biotech crops.

In case you don't know, biotech= genetically engineered crops.

70 fuckin percent maaan, the genie is out of the bottle, biotech is here to stay, like it or not.

But what really pisses me off is the fact that the government is working with the corporations to keep warning labels off biotech foods. This denies us the ability to know what we are consuming.

Everyday the state of affairs in this country and all it's puppet governments around the world get more and more fuckin' twisted. I would quit eating if i had a choice. As of recently i've been forced to give up most foods found on the supermarket shelves because of this, because my belief that humans are supposed to interface with nature, not a mutated version of it that's got a fuckin' FDA stamp. Even at that the few products i do consume anymore i still can't be sure about because of the lack of labeling of ingredients.

What i can't believe is that nobody else seems to give a fuck, and about once every year about the time of the biotech industry conference the labeling issue is gaive a little blurb about how the issue was removed from the agenda at the last minute under the guise of "time constraints".

The most fucked up part is that both government and industry work on massive coverups, industry is buying "nay" votes on the issue, and both government and industry admits "we can't label products, nobody will buy". Instead we get corp-gov't coverups and are literally force fed genetically engineered crops. In this case both the govt and industry are blatantly admitting that they have to resort to some pretty drastic measures to keep us eating gemetically modified foods.

Now let's ask the question:

Why? Why are they so adamant that the public not know they are eating GM foods? Is it all about the bottom libe or is there another reason why the governemnt is protecting the corporations? What the fuck are they trying to feed us? Gentic modifiers for ourselves?

It's pretty simple actually, the stuff we eat over a sustained period contain a balance of certian protein chains in certian combinations. The presence of these protien chains, amino acids, etc that we consume causes us to "adapt" to their use. By intoducing a plant that has modified protien structure into the food chain, the higher levels in turn will adapt to react in some way to this presence of the new protien. Is the government protecting not only industry, but itself? Are they attempting to cause a genetic change to the population in some sort?

One could speculate on a wide range of results that are hoping to be achieved by this but the truth is we just don't know. We don't even know we're eaating them in the first place beacuse of the fuckin' suppression, coverup, and other shady ass shit that accompanies the issue.

Maybe it already worked, maybe GM foods already dumbed down enough people that we just don't give a fuck anymore. In that case we deserve to die off from some unseen unknown side effect that i wouldn't be surprised to manifest itself in the near future.

But in the meantime, FUCK!!!!! CAN I GET FOOD IN AMERICA THAT IS ACTUALLY CREATED BY NATURE AND NOT IN A LAB?

The answer is a resounding NO! by both industry and government.

What are they hiding?

PEace

2. Damn dude.
    "Are they attempting to cause a genetic change to the population in some sort?"
    That is some Gary Busey shit. But who knows, eh?

3. My point being, the FDA saying "go ahead, eat it, it's safe!" but refuse to tell us what it is that we're eating. They're hiding something for some reason, what it is i can only guess but with all the shady shit that goes on when the questions come up, there's something they're covering up. Meanwhile consumers are endlessly consuming and America Inc. is suceeding once again at sneaking something in on us all "under the radar".

you're right tho, who knows? are they putting stuff in the food that will cause future generations to be allergic to weed?

Do you want to blindly eat stuff that man in his sheer arroagnce created in a lab and deemed "better" than what nature has provided for all of previous existence?

Oh, and what about the meat now too? Did you know they been irradiating the meat to try and kill off bacteria so nobody gets salomonella or other illnesses from microorgansims? Persoanlly i'd raher take my chances eating 3 day old roadkill than knowingly consume meat that has been sterilized with nuclear radiation. FDA also recently deemed that irradiated meat is "safe" for kids to eat, and now allow it to be served in school cafeterias, and is considering mandating that irradiated meat be served in schools.

i guess my point of this whole thing is:

STOP FUCKING WITH THE FOOD, ASSHOLES! NON-NUCLEAR RADIATION MEAT HAS BEEN AROUND FOR JUST AS LONG AS NON-MAN-ALTERED FOOD AND ALL THESE ARROGANT FUCKS THINK IT'S THEIR JOB TO PLAY GOD JUST BECAUSE THEY CAN!

Sorry for yelling, but it gets me pretty pissed when i can't feel safe eating anymore.

Oh, and mad, mad props to EU contries for having labeling regulations and giving people a choice. I think it's like 10-30% of food sold in Europe is GM, that gives you guys a 70-90% chance of having "real" food, as well as the ability to actually know by reading the label.

Peace

4. wow.....that really creaps me out....im starting a garden...and eating my dog...

5. Dog is tasty!

Peace