Billy Summers by Stephen King

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by Dizzy, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Any Body Going to Get This Book? I Really Looking Forward to it.

It Comes Up on August 3rd of This Year. The Summary Say it About a War Veteran Who Isa Hit Man an Only Takes Out Truely Evil Folks tho.

It Say He About to Quit the Game After One More Job but What Can Go Wrong? Well EVERYTING!

Iono What SK Means By That but ICW to Find Out NGL!

IMO This Dude Still Got it an Putting Out Awesome Stories An He in His 70s I Real Legend IMO!

I Going to Cop this Book as Soon as it Released! :) Anyone else?

~Toni~

2. I got it on reserve I'm waiting for it to be available at the library

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Thanks For The Reply! Will You LMK What You Think Once You Read It?

~Toni~

4. [​IMG]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Summers

Billy Summers is a hitman contemplating retirement when he is approached by a familiar mobster, Nick Majarian. Majarian offers him a final job that will set Summers up for a more than comfortable retirement. The target, wanted hitman Joel Allen, is facing a possible death penalty for shooting two men during a poker game, one fatally. Fearing that Allen would incriminate his previous employers in an attempt to lessen his sentence, Majarian seeks to tie up a loose end on behalf of wealthy media mogul, Roger Klerke.

Klerke, unbeknownst to Summers, had employed Allen as a hitman in a successful attempt to kill his son, Patrick, who upon finding out that he was not set to inherit his father's company, began to blackmail his father through evidence he had acquired of his abuse of young girls. Once Allen had completed the hit on Patrick, he found out about the content of the blackmail and continued to blackmail Roger.

During the course of the job, Billy becomes gradually more suspicious of Majarian with his concerns being confirmed when, after successfully killing Allen, Majarian refuses to pay him and it is revealed that there has been a bounty placed on Billy's head.

While hiding out, Billy is witness to a young woman being dumped from a van after being sexually assaulted. Alice Maxwell is 21, and after being rescued by Billy joins him as he seeks to locate Nick. During his search for Nick, Billy finds Alice's attackers and punishes them.

Upon locating Nick, Billy kills and severely injures several of Nick's workers. Namely, Billy injures and permanently handicaps a man named Frank whose mother, Marge, also works for Nick.

Once Nick reveals Klerke's identity, location, and role in the hit, Billy and Alice work to lure Klerke into a meeting under the guise that Alice is an underaged girl. Once Klerke arrives, Alice shoots him. As Alice and Billy leave the scene, Billy is shot by Marge who is then killed by Billy.

It appears that Billy survives, although it is later revealed that he died as a result of the shooting and the remainder of the story is written from Alice's perspective as she considers what Billy would have done if he had survived.

and I thought Id posted this up? feb.22 currently being made to a tv series ..9/10

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. I Have Read This Book Twice Now Lol I Know The Story Pretty Much. What Did You Think Of It?

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. I really liked it just read it then heard the tv shows is coming
    which has happened so many times with books I read

that puts a damper on things but still 9/10

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. What Your Favorite Part?

You Don Want It To Be On TV Tho?

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  8. #8 Vee, May 1, 2022
    Last edited: May 1, 2022
    I don't want it to be on tv at the same time as I read it ...
    save time reading and just watch it on tv
    save some money too ..lol
    The best part was the ending its why I read Kind for the endings
    this ending was tough not to spoil it

Billy Summers by Stephen King review – his best book in years

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. I Like The Part Where Billy Summers
    Go To Confront The Mob Boss Nick Majarian An His Made Men At The Mansion.
    I Didn't Like Where.
    Billy Dies From His Gun Shot Wound

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Yes I thought there was room for a part 2 but No .?

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. IDK Bout That BC
    Billy Summers Dead.Maybe It Could Be With Alice An Bucky Tho

~Toni~

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. What Did You Think If This Story? If You Read It That Is?

~Toni~

13. I never read it. Wtf, lol the library never got back to me

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Damn Man SMH! They Slackin. I Hope You Can Get A Copy Some How!

~Toni~

• Agree Agree x 1