Biking in the rain stoned at night also fell off bike

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by eastc0ast, May 17, 2015.

1. #1 eastc0ast, May 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2015
    So just an hour ago yeah it was last minute and I had nothing to do and I ended up biking in the rain while smoking 2 joints with 3 of my boys. It was like 11 pm and a car almost hit me I suddenly stopped and my tire slipped because it was slippery out. I fell on a puddle and both my hands got scarred up. It felt really weird stoned

Btw I live in NYC, Brooklyn
    just wondering if anyone ever biked stoned in the rain before it felt so good

2. im stoned 90%of the time ,i also ride a bike and i live in the UK so yea lol

3. Yes. Thats some rookie level shit though dude. Gotta step up that bike game

4. Yeah bikes are easy. I fuck myself up when I try to skate at night, hit a crack in the sidewalk and it's game over...

5. teeth and unbroken bones are under rated [​IMG]

6. Yea it felt so dangerous because I didn't expect my brakes to work and you become less visible to the cars.  When it started to pour on me then I wanted to get home ASAP.  When I was younger if it would start raining me and my friend would stay outside riding bikes and it was always awesome when the temperature was nice and just pouring out. Like the only ones outside other than car drivers.

7. I skated high in the rain before. Crazy shit

Everyones a genius in their own mind

8. Skating in the rain sucks slippery boards are no fun lol

9. Just had the exact same experience a month ago.  

I was home alone on a dreary Sunday and lit up and declared war on a bottle of whiskey.     Then I decided, in my infinite drunken wisdom, that hitting the road while it was pouring was the thing to do.  

I have a full carbon frame, clip in, aftermarket wheels and gears bike, so getting up to speed takes no time.     Falling off of it, as it turns out, takes even less.   I wrecked at about 30mph   (speedometer installed).  

It's all fun and games and we can talk about it now but in retrospect, it was one of the dumbest things I have ever done.   The injuries were appropriate as well.    Because of the speed at impact, I rolled a good 15 feet, hitting the road with everything I had.   Both shoulders bruised dark.  Both hips, both elbows,  and worst of all,  I drilled the pavement with the side of my head.     I had a concussion and was dazed for a good two days.    Plenty of blood lost.

I love riding but the physics are for real.       Do not drink and ride.   Do not smoke and ride if you are blitzed to the "whoaaa"  point.  A little is perfectly ok, but if you're seriously fucking with your motorskills, depth perception, balance etc,  you're asking for some serious injury or worse.