Biggest yield you've had growing with CFLs?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by love2trip, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Wassup City.

So I was just curious what your highest yield is (per plant) growing with CLFs? How long did you veg for? How many watts of CFLs did you use? What training methods did you use, if any?

I'm currently growing a plant under 200w CFLs, I have 9 tops altogether and I just set up a SCROG today. Plan to veg for about 35 days total (at 20 days today) then switch to 12/12. Hoping to yield about 2-3 zones.

2. How bout them possums??

3. Cant tell you what my exact yield was from my last CFL grow, I dont weigh my stuff...I just smoke it... but I can tell you it was less than half of the yield I now get using HPS.

4. Trying to search this and no good follow through, anyone?

5. #5 ChaoticCrux, Jul 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2012
    I dont weigh my own either but I can give you an estimate on size of bud taken.

2 indica plants, 208 watts of CFL.
    2 glass mason jars, about 8 inchs tall 4 inchs across both packed full for curing. The tiny fluffy buds did not go into the jars.

Check the grow journals on the different MJ related sites.

*edit*
    If I had to guess weight I would think about 500 worth of bud. Its 20 bucks for 2.4 grams or so here and I forget the discounts for buying more in bulk (its just a little off not much) so maybe... 60 grams, just over 2 ounces? I may of fucked the math up, 500 bucks divided by 20 dollars is 25, times 2.4 grams is 60.

*edit again*
    Sorry forgot to mention, one plant was single cola the other branched into 2, so 3 tops total. Soil grown.

6. Ahhh thank you for the very informative reply. I'm planning on possibly 4 plants but it depends on what lights I buy really, still deciding, it's a hard one. That sounds like a good grow for CFL from a lot of what I've read. How was the quality? I'm always iffy when people answer that lol, too many people say it's "fire" when it's just some above average bud.

I was curious on 2 things though, did you top for the second plant? Did the plant with 2 colas equal out to more than the single cola plant?

Thanks for taking the time :).

7. i've got what im guessing is around 1 oz of bud drying grown under 144w(6 lights) of CFLs, no training methods just grew her 'normal'.
    I veg'd for only 16 days, CFLs have trouble sustaining a plant that gets too big.

8. #8 ChaoticCrux, Jul 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2012
    The plant with 2 colas had flowered a few months before and I revegged and reflowered her. When she revegged, she popped 2 main stalks. The other plant, was its first time around.

The plant with 2 colas had barely more than the single cola plant but it was noticeably larger, just a little bit. If I was using HPS light it probably would of filled the colas out more and been much more on the 2 cola plant.

I dont know if thats a good or bad harvest, considering I spent as little as I could on the grow because I am poor!

The high was better than the bagseed they came from. I only consider something "great" when it gets me high to the point I actually feel high. Thats happen with only 3 different bags in my whole life. Its usually a slight alteration of how I am when I smoke. (no funny everything, no hazed feeling, no blood shot eyes no DUUUUUUUUDE speak, It basically alters pain receptors and my memory and thats plenty for me, I do love it when it gets me "high"(goofy discombobulated feeling) though, but like I said its a rarity!)

So outa ten id say it was an 8. With 1 being mexican brick weed that does more damage to your throat than get you high and 10 as an perfect smoking experience. I have noticed if I grow my own, even from bagseed the weed I grow is always better than the bag it came from.

When I smoke a 10, I will blab to the world about it and try to get all I can. I find it funny that every tom dick and harry smoking pot will tell you their stuff is the shit or gank or chronic than I smoke it and its average if that.