Bigger pots already!!!??

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Autogrows94, Oct 18, 2018.

1. hi guys
    But of help needed a please plants are really stressing me out if I’m honest ,
    There 3.5 weeks from seed around 7-10days ago I transplanted from 2l pots to 15L pots before this everything was fine the last 4 or so days plants haven’t looked to good and have become droopy and a rippled kind of leaf on some don’t seem to be any yellowing but may come across this way on the pics due to hps bulb, at first I thought I may have over waterd and maybe got root rot after transplanting so I let them dry out for a few days then feed as normal but that has not done anything for the plants , when moving them around today I’ve noticed they all have root comeing from the bottom of the pots surely they don’t need a bigger pots already? Would this cause the issues in haveing please someone give me a hand think I’ve read every google page on cannabis plants in the last 24hr lol to add some of the other pots have worse roots comeing through than the one in photos

Some info on grow as requested
    What type of medium coco / perlite
    Indoors or outdoors? Indoor
    What strain? Cheese
    How old are the plants?3.5 weeks
    What type of lights and how many watts? 2x 400w one is hps other hid
    How far from the lights? Around 25 inches
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? Daily or every other day water from tap
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? An oh perfect 2ml per litre + cal mag
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?
    What are the temps and humidity in the room?75-78 50% humidity
    What size pots?15L
    Any bugs? Look real close. Not that I can see

Thanks for reading and appreciate any feedback

Attached Files:

2. Plants were transplanted 8 days ago I also seem to be getting a hell of a lot of run off from what I’m putting in

3. they look good to me

4. I just feel they don’t look happy only the top growth is really reatching for the light could this be to do with them being so bushy ? I’ve done a few auto grows in coco and plants are always nice and strong and reaching for the light that’s how I like them

5. Coco is not like soil. I know it looks like it, but it’s not. Your problem is a combination of too big of a pot, and letting it dry out. I suspect maybe ph issues too depending on how you ph your feed.

I very rarely finish in bigger than 3 gallon pots, and most times veg for 5-6 weeks then a full flower cycle in one gallon pots of coco/perlite or Tupur.

Coco should be fed daily at 1/4 to 1/2 strength nutes to about 20% runoff. Nutes should be ph’d to a range of 5.8-6.3 to ensure even uptake in both sides of the hydro 6.0 barrier.

I grow DTW coco, feel free to read my journal to learn more.

Soil2Coco’s Indoor Multi Strain Journal

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hi buddy thanks for the reply I have grown autos from seed in 15l pots with no problem with success I was feeding daily but noticed plants starting to drop and pots felt very heavy like no water was being used I waterd again put in about a liter and got around half a litre of run off so that’s why I thought I may of over water
    Even tho I’m using the ph perfect bytes I still ph my feed to around 5-8-6 as the ph perfect doesn’t quite drop it enough so I have to add a small amount. Of ph down.
    So what would be your next steps from here to get them going again? Growth doesn’t relay seem to have stopped but they just don’t seem happy

Attached Files:

7. Any more input anyone ? So shal I feed daily from now on with slightly lighter feeeds

8. Feed with some nutrients above 6.0 ph and check ph of runoff.

6E86A43F-B740-4FB0-A555-46B6F3C1A282.jpeg

9. Will do thankyou will update over the next few days iv also raised the lights for a day to see if that has any effect

• Like Like x 1
  10. Are you growing autos? If so put them in their final container from the start.

Plastic or fabric/air pots?

11. Hi no these are non autos

12. They seem a lot happier today since I’ve moved the light I also put a heater is as my night temps were getting low so should I start to feed daily. Now

Attached Files:

13. Coco means no water retention or natural nuts. Coco should be watered daily and nuts every 2 waterings at 1/2 strength. They look good but the roots are moving to get water at tje bottom.