Bigger is better, or NOT.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by CannaClay, Jun 24, 2013.

1. So I vegged my GHS TW for 2 months.  I am starting to think that was a mistake.  I have a scrog under a 400 watt light in DWC.
    Anyhow I was hoping for more bud production.  I am thinking that a plant this size would need atleast 600 watts to get some good fat tops or colas.
    It is L 44" x W 35" x H 24".  I could have trained longer as well since about 16-18" of the plant are above my scrog.  My conditions are 78-80F 40% RH and I think those are fine. 78 is as cool as I can get it for now.
    Anyhow there is roughly 80 tops on this monster and I don't think I have enough light to get them fat. I am 8 weeks in and this girl is probably gonna go 10 weeks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry my camera sucks but the top nugs are about the size of my thumb.

2. are you giving them the correct strength of nutes that they require? perhaps you could use a bigger air pump. more air makes huge differences

3. That's 8 weeks into flower?

4. the plants look healthy, I'm guessing you have run out of root room early in flowering

5. yup...
    My top nugs, the biggest ones look like they'll be about 1 gram dry.  My temps are high for this strain and I made it toooooooo big! Also might have overnuted slightly.  These things of stress has made my nug size suffer...
    They are starting to turn purple and look really pretty though.
    I still think the worst stress factor hear is my limited amount of light for the size of this girl.

6. what light do you have? I assumed it was an hps, if so, that is not the problem, if utilised correctly you can easily get 8 ounces of bud with it

7. Is that one plant? Just remember what you did on this grow and improve on the next. Keep more of the leaves under your screen. The thing you want to remember is rust with a scrog is that if at all possible all you want above the screen are the buds. I strip away leaves that block sites only if the buds have they're own leaves. You gotta bend that bitch to your will.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

8. 400watt hps. And yeah its one plant...