Bigger Crops

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by knowboddy, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Okay the way I see it there's two ways to increase yields and get bigger crops. First, you can expand the growing operation (bigger area, more plants) or to increase the yield per square foot (bigger buds, same size grow). Obviously just doubling the scope of your grow is easier, so I want to focus on the more challenging issue of optimizing a given grow space.

This is where hydroponics shines so well - the manipulation of every detail to produce maximum effect. Light, CO2, temp, humidity, nutrition all play a role and we learn to dial them into precise windows. So to get those bigger crops we need to both develop the skills to dial in our grows and keep them in that magic zone.

In general a better grower grows a better crop, but we can't simply hand over the reigns to someone with better skills. So if we assume a given grower and his (or her) growing area and skills, it seems clear that the easiest variable to improve yields and achieve that bigger crop once everything else is dialed in perfectly is nutrition. I've noticed a big improvement in my yields since I switched to Advanced Nutrients for example, and while I'm sure I've gotten better as a grower I don't think the bigger crop is just from me.

2. very true, now in my situation my 4by4by7 box was way too small for my 1000w and aslo limited how many plants i had in there tooo. So i decided to knock it down and build 2-8by8by7....to help keep temps in optimal range and also to be able to fit more plants under a single light.........

NOTE. i just recently seen a Stadium grow.....and this helps you use all the light more efficiently.....42plants in an 8by8, can't wait to see the increase in yeild...

check it out... http://www.rollitup.org/grow-room-design-setup/44253-northern-farmer-stadium-grow-vertical.html

3. That advanced nutrients Company was at the THC Expo i went to 3 days ago.i didn't get to go to the back of the expo thou,u have to be 18....fuckin hate being 17,o well ,4 more months to go then MD card :p

4. Yeah...you have to be 18 to use this site, too.

5. LOL Busted!

6. Shh...Why be like that? We all love Mary.

7. In Washington State you don't need to be 18, you can be a pediatric patient.
    Just in case you're up here too.